1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Distinguished Member

I don't, but my dark chili Daltons had the same tacky finish on them. I returned them actually because the fit was off (9EEE was wider than all my other 9EEE Daltons) and bought a pair slightly used in here in 9E.

It seems some (all?) of their newer models include this glossy, tacky finish. I'm not sure if the size/width difference was just an isolated error, though.

2. Rome159

Rome159 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I called and asked about it and the CSR said she hadn't heard about the issue. She offered to bring them back, but they're 10 business days behind in processing exchanges. With transit time there and back that's almost a month...

3. smfdoc

smfdoc Distinguished Member

Los Angeles. "Swimmin' pools; movie stars."
    High praise Lord Vader.

4. robster35

robster35 Senior Member

PM sent.

5. Shoedude

Shoedude Member

Hey guys, first time poster. So I came home and saw my wife had bought me my first pair of AE's, the Walnut Strands. Really excited. Only thing is I opened them up and saw this crease by the heel. Any thoughts from some experienced folks...return or just deal?
    [ATTACHMENT=12553]image.jpeg (856k. jpeg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016

6. jcman311

jcman311 Distinguished Member

Welcome! Those look to be a little lighter oxblood than I have seen. (and a little less purplish) I like!

7. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior Member

That doesn't look too bad. If they're firsts, I would return them. If they are seconds, consider yourself lucky and enjoy them.

8. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

Where did she purchase them, and are they firsts or seconds? As this will effect the threads answers.

9. Shoedude

Shoedude Member

Thanks, actually they're firsts

10. Moose22

Moose22 Senior Member

Oh Em Gee... I finally got shipping notice on my shoes!

Remember, I ordered a pair of "Mocha boxanil" shoes at the thanksgiving sale just over 3 months ago and got a pair that had so much bowing in the throat I could slip out of them without untying them. And the heels were WAY off. Bummer, as I really wanted to fill a dark brown hole in my wardrobe, and the color of those shoes was really lovely.

After a month, they told me they couldn't get the leather to make another pair, so offered me any OTHER shoe in the regular line. So I told them Dark Brown Burnished Cornwallis. That'll go with nice pants of almost any color.

So, I've been waiting since the new year for my shipment. Talked and emailed with Melissa a few times with "they should go out next week" in response. And here we are! Finally! A shipping notice!

Behold!
    [​IMG]

Ugh. Have you ever felt like you are in a Jerry Lewis movie, and you should laugh, but you don't because you're not French?

11. Shoedude

Shoedude Member

I should've included it in the post, they're actually firsts. Ok I guess I'll take them back. Too bad because I was looking forward to wearing the them to work. They're 9.5 B's so they'll have to be ordered in Edit: she ordered them from our local AE who had them shipped next day.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016

12. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Dark chili McA's look good with denim.

13. ace13x

ace13x Distinguished Member

The main reason I asked was because if returning them would be a hassle (like having to return mail), I would have to think about it. Not many people will ever see that wrinkle unless you are sitting cross legged. But, if it bothers you and they are firsts, absolutely return.

14. redmusic1

redmusic1 Senior Member

I wouldn't send them back, but I understand.

15. jcman311

jcman311 Distinguished Member

Thats AE for ya. Great customer service... and no one running q.c./final inspection/overview

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.