• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have any Allen Edmonds in Oxblood? I love the color but the finish on the Park Avenues I just received is a little sticky/tacky. This is the first shoe I have in Oxblood, so I'm not sure if it's normal. None of my other AE's have it though, and I have pairs in Walnut, Bourbon, Dark Chili and Black,

Thanks!

I don't, but my dark chili Daltons had the same tacky finish on them. I returned them actually because the fit was off (9EEE was wider than all my other 9EEE Daltons) and bought a pair slightly used in here in 9E.

It seems some (all?) of their newer models include this glossy, tacky finish. I'm not sure if the size/width difference was just an isolated error, though.

Rome159

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I called and asked about it and the CSR said she hadn't heard about the issue. She offered to bring them back, but they're 10 business days behind in processing exchanges. With transit time there and back that's almost a month...

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

robster35

Reaction score

I was organizing my shoes today and I realized (like many of you) that I probably have more than I ever need and yet still want more.

8 pairs of AE boots - Daltons in dark chili, walnut chocolate, natural shell; Shaker Heights in tan/tartan, tan/tweed, brown/tweed; Long Branch in brown grain + Bean boots x 2 (regular and shearling) and some Ralph Lauren moc toe boots.

6 pairs of loafers total - AE x RL tan Singletons, BB x AE Kenwood brown/blue, brown Kirkwood, Sperry gold cup penny loafer x 2 [tan and brown], Sperry made in Maine beefroll loafer with boat sole.......+Maritimes x 2 (brown and navy).

Then your typical shoes:
-Cornwallis (walnut)
-Madison Park (dark chili)
-Geary [shortwing like Players] (brown)
-Williams (brown)
-Delray (chili)
-Lasalle (brown)

Some obvious holes that I've filled elsewhere (Black plain toe balmoral by To Boot NY, black and merlot captoe balmorals by J&M). Still, no one NEEDS all these shoes, and I have obvious redundancies. I like them all and there are days I wish I had more tha. Two legs so I could wear multiple pairs. I think k I have a problem.

( sorry for any formatting issues, I'm on my phone)

PM sent.

Shoedude

Reaction score
Hey guys, first time poster. So I came home and saw my wife had bought me my first pair of AE's, the Walnut Strands. Really excited. Only thing is I opened them up and saw this crease by the heel. Any thoughts from some experienced folks...return or just deal?
[ATTACHMENT=12553]image.jpeg (856k. jpeg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited:

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster. Sorry for the non coffee look (don't drink it.) Strands in oxblood. This color has quickly become my favorite, with 4 of my 7 total pairs being oxblood. The Shoebank is such a blessing and a curse...

Welcome! Those look to be a little lighter oxblood than I have seen. (and a little less purplish) I like!

danwatts2005

Reaction score

Hey guys, first time poster. So I came home and saw my wife had bought me my first pair of AE's, the Walnut Strands. Really excited. Only thing is I opened them up and saw this crease by the heel. Any thoughts from some experienced folks...return or just deal?
[ATTACHMENT=12553]image.jpeg (856k. jpeg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

That doesn't look too bad. If they're firsts, I would return them. If they are seconds, consider yourself lucky and enjoy them.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where did she purchase them, and are they firsts or seconds? As this will effect the threads answers.

Moose22

Reaction score
Oh Em Gee... I finally got shipping notice on my shoes!

Remember, I ordered a pair of "Mocha boxanil" shoes at the thanksgiving sale just over 3 months ago and got a pair that had so much bowing in the throat I could slip out of them without untying them. And the heels were WAY off. Bummer, as I really wanted to fill a dark brown hole in my wardrobe, and the color of those shoes was really lovely.

After a month, they told me they couldn't get the leather to make another pair, so offered me any OTHER shoe in the regular line. So I told them Dark Brown Burnished Cornwallis. That'll go with nice pants of almost any color.

So, I've been waiting since the new year for my shipment. Talked and emailed with Melissa a few times with "they should go out next week" in response. And here we are! Finally! A shipping notice!

Behold!

Ugh. Have you ever felt like you are in a Jerry Lewis movie, and you should laugh, but you don't because you're not French?

Shoedude

Reaction score

Where did she purchase them, and are they firsts or seconds?  As this will effect the threads answers.

I should've included it in the post, they're actually firsts. Ok I guess I'll take them back. Too bad because I was looking forward to wearing the them to work. They're 9.5 B's so they'll have to be ordered in Edit: she ordered them from our local AE who had them shipped next day.

Last edited:

danwatts2005

Reaction score

Dark chili McA's look good with denim.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should've included it in the post, they're actually firsts. Ok I guess I'll take them back. Too bad because I was looking forward to wearing the them to work. They're 9.5 B's so they'll have to be ordered in

The main reason I asked was because if returning them would be a hassle (like having to return mail), I would have to think about it. Not many people will ever see that wrinkle unless you are sitting cross legged. But, if it bothers you and they are firsts, absolutely return.

redmusic1

Reaction score
I should've included it in the post, they're actually firsts. Ok I guess I'll take them back. Too bad because I was looking forward to wearing the them to work. They're 9.5 B's so they'll have to be ordered in Edit: she ordered them from our local AE who had them shipped next day.

I wouldn't send them back, but I understand.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh Em Gee... I finally got shipping notice on my shoes!

Remember, I ordered a pair of "Mocha boxanil" shoes at the thanksgiving sale just over 3 months ago and got a pair that had so much bowing in the throat I could slip out of them without untying them. And the heels were WAY off. Bummer, as I really wanted to fill a dark brown hole in my wardrobe, and the color of those shoes was really lovely.

After a month, they told me they couldn't get the leather to make another pair, so offered me any OTHER shoe in the regular line. So I told them Dark Brown Burnished Cornwallis. That'll go with nice pants of almost any color.

So, I've been waiting since the new year for my shipment. Talked and emailed with Melissa a few times with "they should go out next week" in response. And here we are! Finally! A shipping notice!

Behold!

Ugh. Have you ever felt like you are in a Jerry Lewis movie, and you should laugh, but you don't because you're not French?
Thats AE for ya. Great customer service... and no one running q.c./final inspection/overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics