1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

[​IMG]

So this is my first quality Bellevue that just arrived. The problem is, there aren't anymore. What would you do?

2. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

Ask to have the price knocked down to whatever the seconds price would've been.

1 person likes this.
  3. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Yes, Cognac. They're a touch lighter in real life.

4. danwatts2005

danwatts2005 Senior member

Will do. I called, and she said send an email with photos. I'll ask for that. I'm sure they will make good.

5. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

Quote:That's the cognac, but not the typical cognac color. Though I like them a lot, his are somewhere between the regular cognac and the natural tan.

6. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Gents, keep your eyes peeled at the Nordstrom Rack website:

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/...t-multiple-widths-available?color=BLK-BLK+HE#

They're all sold out now, but occasionally a few more will show up. It's taken quite a bit of my willpower not to order one!

7. robster35

robster35 Senior member

the ones on shoe bank say "dark brown"

8. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

I still wonder about those suede/tweed penny loafers I saw. I've searched through the old catalogs, but haven't been able to find anything on them. Guess they may have been an failed MTO.

9. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I don't know why they do that, but cognac on Shoe Bank will be 4045S (regular model number is 4045, "S" is for second). I'm pretty sure they've always used "dark brown" as the description, so your range of color is anything from his to mine:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  10. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

Yes, but the model number is the same. Maybe I got an atypical pair. I think if they had been darker, I would still like them but not as much.

11. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

Thanks a lot @Neo1!

Boone and Tobywing have been cut too.

Does anybody have fit experience with the new 1757 last these are on?

12. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

I did post about this before, but you know I saw a black shaker at BCF (1st quality), I believe it was 10 or 10.5E, for 34.99, with a pile of red clearance stickers on it.

1 person likes this.
  13. Oinkedmoo

Oinkedmoo Well-Known Member

I was able to snap this while waiting at the dentist office. She'll really is bullet proof. They had a tough day walking through rain, slush, and snow.

[​IMG]

14. RichieP

RichieP Senior member

I'm not sure you got an atypical pair; mine look very much like yours and nothing like @M635Guy's. And none of them look like the stock website pic. I'm hoping they will darken as they age. Given my walnut Black Hills have done so (and after 2 years, they're currently darker than my new cognac McT's!), I think I'll be in good shape. Just may take a while...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  15. M635Guy

M635Guy Senior member

I think it is a color temp/white balance thing. I have one pic of mine that look much more similar to what is on the website:
    [​IMG]

But they look much closer to my other pix (or even the left shoe) than that in real life...

16. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

17. mreams99

mreams99 Senior member

As you probably know, both shoes are on the same last. And both are balmorals. For me, they fit the same, which is what I expected.

18. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@RichieP Never tried the 1757, but asked them over the phone about it. Only info I got was that its a B34 derivative but for shoes not boots, so think large toe box with lots of room up front.

19. Neo1

Neo1 Senior member

@ace13x Based on some of your posts I bet you'd be a great candidate for the overlord. Take a look at my giant long review I posted to the AE site when you get a chance. Maybe next time they run a sale.

20. ace13x

ace13x Senior member

No lie, I've thought about it. But now that I picked up a pair of Normandy's, I don't see when I would choose the Overlord over the Normandy if both were in my closet. Took a walk to the store in them yesterday in Snow/Ice just because.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.