• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All about Levi's

Sherminator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
you know david, if you're talking about the STF's then I have to say they don't stretch much past their raw size. I have a pair of the STF made in mexico selvage that J Crew is now selling for $265 (got mine for $40) and I've been wearing them for about four months now, hot soaked twice total. The waist is just a little over 17" aligned, which comes out to 34 doubled. My guess is they shrink then eventually stretch back to tagged, although they fit a bit loose on me so obviously if they're tirghter on you, they'll stretch out more.

Did the inseam shrink, I'm scared to wash/soak mine when I get ready for fear of this, they are a 32 and that barely gets the job done.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do regular levi's typically stretch out.......like a motherfucker?

i have some captial E heshers that were skin tight when i got them and shrink back up/fit perfectly when washed, but they stretch out really quickly and lose their form in the top block.

theoretically, i'd need to wash these mugs every couple of days to keep their shape. do regular levi's (non-STF or capital E) such 501s hold their shape/size pretty well?

pitboss12

Reaction score
Does anyone have the 501stfs in the verde cast (the green tint)? I saw them at the store today and was wondering if they produce interesting fades and are worth the time.

Jferg4350

Reaction score
Probably answered already but what is the rise on the 501 stf? How much should I size up if at all?

[email protected]

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jferg4350
Probably answered already but what is the rise on the 501 stf? How much should I size up if at all?
removed So I'm looking into getting another pair of STFs for work, and I'm gonna do it right this time. In the past I sized up too much, so I'm thinking...I'm a 31/33 in Levi's now, so I'm probably going to pickup a 31/36, hot shower it (or should I hot soak in a bucket?), then air dry by themselves. Sound good? The only thing I'm concerned about is the waist being too small, however I figure I can just leave the top unbuttoned and stretch the waist out with wear. I know it's antithetical to the 501 fit in general, but I'm looking for a slimmer fit, similar to sizing down 1 or so on APC NS's. Any opinions?

2sweet

Reaction score
I'm buying my first pair of STF's very soon. I have two options:

Option 1:
Never wash, and buy true to size. Odds: 30/100

Concern: They'll stink to high heaven.

Option 2:
Cold soak once to shrink, then occasionally wash (once a year, or less). Odds: 70/100

Concern: They won't shrink that much, but I'll lose a lot of indigo and they'll look like "dad jeans." (dads rock, but their jeans don't).

Which option/s have you tried, and what were your results?

hamish5178

Reaction score
I was at macys the other day and found a bunch of 501s that were not STF but felt pretty damn raw. They were dark and stiff, not like my APCs, but certainly much stiffer than any of the other "rawish" levis I've handled. I couldn't find any distinguishing features, no color name or anything.

Just a heads up.

synovoid

Reaction score
where can I get the $98 leather patch 501 on the right?
Originally Posted by whatuknowaboutthat
tags.jpg
sidebyside.jpg
So J.crew bought these for REALLLL cheap, then washed it once, and now they are "collector's item". Word

synovoid

Reaction score
I got a pair of the 501 from JCrew during thanksgiving, and the patch is the same as this. the only difference is that mine is capital E red tag. by the way, any way to check if this pair of 501 is the 1947 one?
Originally Posted by whatuknowaboutthat
IMG_0221.jpg

2sweet

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of STF's that pretty much fit perfect right off the bat. They're a little too long, but I guess I could cuff. Aside from the high-ish rise, the fit and cut are pretty darn stellar. I really don't even want to soak, but probably will.

Originally Posted by 2sweet
I'm buying my first pair of STF's very soon. I have two options:

Option 1:
Never wash, and buy true to size. Odds: 30/100

Concern: They'll stink to high heaven.

Option 2:
Cold soak once to shrink, then occasionally wash (once a year, or less). Odds: 70/100

Concern: They won't shrink that much, but I'll lose a lot of indigo and they'll look like "dad jeans." (dads rock, but their jeans don't).

Which option/s have you tried, and what were your results?

sayocean

Reaction score
Measurements taken BiG style No soak/wash size 29/30
3160841859_ea180baac4_o.jpg
waist 15.25 rise 12 back rise 15 thigh 12 inseam 30.25 knee 8.5 hem 8 Post HOT soak for 2 hours, drip dry
3160839163_23c5d676e7_o.jpg
waist 29 rise 11.5 back rise 14.5 thigh 11.5 inseam 28.5 knee 8.25 hem 7.5

OpGladio

Reaction score
Ordering a pair of LVC 1947s, but I need help with sizing. My waist is about a 35, give or take. Should I get the 36W LVCs or go up another to 38W? As well, I usually have a 34 inseam, should I go with 36L or 38L?

Right now I own a pair of APCs in tagged 31, and Im not enjoying the fit so I want something thats fuller in the leg and less tapered. I don't mind it being slim, but I don't want it to be APC slim in the thighs. I also do not want it to be bulky.

So, go up to 38 or go up to 36?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads