• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All about Levi's

kit99bar

Reaction score
I don't think jcrew advertises it as LVC 1947 does it? It's just a higher quality 501 in the 47 shape. Looking at the pics, it looks like the rise is much lower.
Originally Posted by synovoid
the levi's 501 I got from JCrew has a tag showing 855010001 instead of 475010001. there is 1985 lvc 501? no, right? it's selvage w/ big E, and JCrew's website says it's a 47 501

synovoid

Reaction score
From JCrew website:
"The jean that made denim famous by the brand that made jeans famous, this is Levi's reissue of the original 501 from 1947."

it's selvage, big E, back pockets same as 47 lvc ones, and made in USA. the only thing is the inner tag shows 855010001, not 475010001.

it's not the limited 47 regular 501, for that one is not selvage.

Originally Posted by kit99bar
I don't think jcrew advertises it as LVC 1947 does it? It's just a higher quality 501 in the 47 shape.
Looking at the pics, it looks like the rise is much lower.

synovoid

Reaction score
but it's selvage and big E...

thats why i am curious

Originally Posted by SuperBobo
^if its selvage and big E, it cant be 501 85´s... I do think thers 80s 501 Lvcs though.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone try the Matchstick Hurricane yet? They are very dark, have grey stitching and appear to have a waxy finish. Also, what other jeans does the Matchstick compare to in terms of fit? My two favorite slim jeans are Helmut Lang straight leg, Rag & Bone RB15 and Acne Mic.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
So how much better quality are the LVC's than the Capital E's? The Capital E rigids are on sale for 1/2 the price of the LVC's. Are the LVC's that much better?

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question. I found a pair of new 501s with the price tag on but none of the original back pocket tags at a nice consignment store. They are selvedged, large capital e, and quite slim and I assumed at first they were 1947s. They were not raw, but they seem like a one wash (dark no fading) and the inner pockets are a bit browned, like they have a dirty wash. Anyway, the tag has a Brussels, Belgium address for Levi Strauss & Co., Europe, though they are made in the USA. The tag number is 665019724 and they have a paper, not leather tag. Was there a 1966 LVC? Any info on these? I really like the fit.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
you could send them to me for inspection.

whitekimchee

Reaction score
Anyone try the Matchstick Hurricane yet? They are very dark, have grey stitching and appear to have a waxy finish.
I copped those, they're nice but they're a little too dark for me. I also purchased the dolphin rinse, but I dunno how I feel about them containing 2% elestane.

I love Cap E matchsticks but noticed a discrepancy in the leg openings. The dark worn and dolphin rinse have close to 7.5 inch leg opening and the hurricanes have closer to an 8 inch opening. This also hold true to the rigids.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever happened to the 539? Those were the perfect jeans for me, cheap, dark, slim straight, button fly, like if the 501 and 514 had a kid. Now I can't find them anywhere.
frown.gif

SC Widders

Reaction score
Why do dark wash Levi jeans often loose their color, becoming dull looking over time? I purchased some dark wash, relaxed boot 527 Levi's in December and they have faided slightly. The jeans like the rest in my closet, are air dried.

Shorty Long

Reaction score
Yes, LVC does do a 1966 cut. It sounds like the ones you describe are indeed this cut.

Originally Posted by DrZRM
I have a question. I found a pair of new 501s with the price tag on but none of the original back pocket tags at a nice consignment store. They are selvedged, large capital e, and quite slim and I assumed at first they were 1947s. They were not raw, but they seem like a one wash (dark no fading) and the inner pockets are a bit browned, like they have a dirty wash. Anyway, the tag has a Brussels, Belgium address for Levi Strauss & Co., Europe, though they are made in the USA. The tag number is 665019724 and they have a paper, not leather tag. Was there a 1966 LVC? Any info on these? I really like the fit.

NoStyle14

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about the slim fit boot cuts? How do they fit?

holybich

Reaction score
Here's a question on the Levi's 511 Twill pants:

how's the material like? is it a thick heavy material or is it really light and thin?

whitekimchee

Reaction score
Anybody have some more info on the Levi's made and crafted jeans? Are they going to come out fit some other cuts aside from slim and straight?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads