• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All about Levi's

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
can anyone help me identify these levi's? i know they're european, but the details are crazy. cant find any information on them.levi's engineered have some similar models, but none i've seen quite like this. besides the pockets, there are crazy stitching details too. any info would be appreciated. thanks
CIMG3072.jpg
CIMG3077.jpg
CIMG3078.jpg

Big Muscle

Reaction score
I have already seen this model on one guy at our university. And it looks horrible to me. According to inside tag I would call it "Levi's 111"

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's like JNCO/Kikwear had a baby with a pair of Levi's 510s or something...

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big Muscle
According to inside tag I would call it "Levi's 111"

thanks.

Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
It's like JNCO/Kikwear had a baby with a pair of Levi's 510s or something...

lol

DXanatos

Reaction score
I tried on a pair of 539s at JCPenney's, and I loved the fit but disliked the color available. I searched to see if there were any more elsewhere in different colors, but apparently they're discontinued.
frown.gif

Fortysomething

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DXanatos
I tried on a pair of 539s at JCPenney's, and I loved the fit but disliked the color available.
I searched to see if there were any more elsewhere in different colors, but apparently they're discontinued.
frown.gif

539s? Hmmm...had not heard of them before.

edit: ok....Eco Vintage Straight Leg, but can't find much of a description with a quick search

Ricardo Malocchio

Reaction score
The new Levis (non selvedge) Japanese denim 511s have caught my eye. A darker, more rigid version of my beloved Cap-E Matchsticks is what I hope!

But I've read several posts here suggesting that the 511s are much smaller in the waist than same-sized Levis in other styles, and I can't seem to find a pair of 511s to try on around here. I'm a 29 waist in the 514s (perfect fit) and also a 29 waist in Cap-E Matchsticks (just a tad looser than perfect).

So, I'm hoping someone might be able to confirm or correct whether I need to "size up" for the 511s!

itsjustadrian

Reaction score
Size up on them if they don't have stretch. If they do have stretch, go TTS.

Ricardo Malocchio

Reaction score
Thanks very much!

These are no-stretch 100% cotton 511s, so I'll be looking to size up. One size, you think? I'm going to hit an Urban Outfitters on the way home just to see if they have any of my possible sizes. Macy's got nada. Felt dirty just going into a Macy's. Hate Macy's. No Levis Store in town anymore. I never thought it'd be so hard to try to fit a pair of Levi's!

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference between the Polish made 501 sold in the EU and the ones sold in North America?

Thanks

madstaxbro

Reaction score
A lot of the North American STFs are made in Mexico, never got to handle any Polish 501s myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads