• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

Yowzer

Reaction score
Looking good wurger. Thought you only wear black shoes M-F?
satisfied.gif

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I changed that since I got the ASs, on a rotation of 10 pairs, so BK, BR, BK, BR, BK from Monday to Friday, so 6 black pairs and 4 brown pairs.

So I strictly wear a certain set of 5 pairs in a week, so it's in line with my polishing, as for the days to wear either BK or BR, really depends on the client I am seeing.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am a Telco business account manager, so I meet with different people to discuss their telecommunications on a daily basis.

So if I am meeting the senior partners or directors of law, accounting, medical and finance firm, on that day, I would wear a pair of black shoes.

If they are from IT, design, retail or just a female office manager, I would just utilise that day to wear brown, since I would almost definitely out dress them anyways.

And if I am seeing both groups of clients on the same day, I would pick black.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good Lord; I think you would die going from NYC to E Lansing. There is a lot to do in the Detroit Metro area. If you have any q's, feel free to PM me as it's where I grew up.

Thanks! You'll definitely hear from me if I get the job!

Hunt Mahogany in Action

Great color!

Depends on the client?

Heh, sorry, just had to quote this because I've heard this phrase use so many times in my line of work.

Amontilado

Reaction score
Yes, I am a Telco business account manager, so I meet with different people to discuss their telecommunications on a daily basis.

So if I am meeting the senior partners or directors of law, accounting, medical and finance firm, on that day, I would wear a pair of black shoes.

If they are from IT, design, retail or just a female office manager, I would just utilise that day to wear brown, since I would almost definitely out dress them anyways.

And if I am seeing both groups of clients on the same day, I would pick black.
In my believe brown shoes go wonderful even in most formal meetings. That is what at least our Partner in charge thinks too (god, if I would earn as much as he does
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
).

Amontilado

Reaction score
While brown shoes do look nice, to be on the side and appropriate side, I would still wear black.
I agree that many people (forget about those who already think 100Euro are quite a sum to spend on shoes) consider only black as the appropriate style to wear in a formal work environment.
Nevertheless, there are always punks
biggrin.gif

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody throw any light on why Chay Cooper has left AS? And more important has he turned up anywhere ? Cant seem to get to the bottom of it and would love to contact him! True gent and all round good egg !!

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! Chay left? That's HUGE! He's been with them for years! So sad news...

Drudged

Reaction score
Finally got around to posting my latest two - Ramsey in snuff suede and dark oak. I wear a size 13, so they might look a tad disproportionate!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads