• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden MTO Forum Group Buy

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why is the period on pre-order so short. 350 USD is a lot of money and I reckon not everyone is in the position to make a deposit in such a short time...

If you can't drop $350 right this second you really should not be spending $700 on shoes.sorry to be that guy

I wouldn't pre order them unless I was OK with walking into a store and paying $650 cash. Anything else is just sketchy mental accounting

Last edited:

Cacatfish

Reaction score

hello, could anyone please tell me if the original MTO ravello captoe boot is being made??? if not, i will sign up for the pre-order of this "obscura" boot. i know that kathy of alden dc already put the order in for the whiskey indy boot for the other MTO but i haven't heard of anything for the ravello captoe. if anyone could let me know before the epaulet 2/11 deadline, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Id be curious about any updates to this also. I am in on the ravello cap toe and it is still my preferred make up, but if for any reason it isnt happening, I would go with one of these other ones.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hello, could anyone please tell me if the original MTO ravello captoe boot is being made??? if not, i will sign up for the pre-order of this "obscura" boot. i know that kathy of alden dc already put the order in for the whiskey indy boot for the other MTO but i haven't heard of anything for the ravello captoe. if anyone could let me know before the epaulet 2/11 deadline, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Id be curious about any updates to this also. I am in on the ravello cap toe and it is still my preferred make up, but if for any reason it isnt happening, I would go with one of these other ones.

I sent a PM to member kgmessier who spearheaded our drive for this MTO and he's confirmed that it's definitely still a go.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If you can't drop $350 right this second you really should not be spending $700 on shoes.sorry to be that guy
I wouldn't pre order them unless I was OK with walking into a store and paying $650 cash. Anything else is just sketchy mental accounting

Really? With an 18-24 month window? I disagree. While I like to pay for stuff in full, with two kids at home, sometimes **** happens, and I don't have $100 extra cash at the end of some months, let alone $350. If the pre-order time was short, I'd be more likely to agree with you, but for me these long pre-orders are saving goals. I put away $75-100 a month, don't even feel it, and in 8 months time, the shoe is paid for. And then you're still waiting another 10-16 months for the shoe to come in...

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Really? With an 18-24 month window? I disagree. While I like to pay for stuff in full, with two kids at home, sometimes **** happens, and I don't have $100 extra cash at the end of some months, let alone $350. If the pre-order time was short, I'd be more likely to agree with you, but for me these long pre-orders are saving goals. I put away $75-100 a month, don't even feel it, and in 8 months time, the shoe is paid for. And then you're still waiting another 10-16 months for the shoe to come in...

I think the idea of "saving monthly" in order to pay for discretionary, luxury items is really just mental accounting to make you feel better about the purchase.

at the end of the day, $700 is $700 is $700. it doesn't really matter if you take it out of your kids college fund today, or if it comes from 18 month savings out of your coin jar - it's worth the same either way, has the same spending utility either way, and is probably roughly the same % of your income either way. you could take that $700 in 18 months and put into your retirement fund, or the college fund, or towards rent, or towards any other things - just as I assume you could do now with $700 you have saved up in some bank account. it doesn't matter, but "saving up" makes you feel better about spending it on shoes

this is much different than saving up for retirement - money you *know* you'll need to be spending later.

this is all a longer way of saying what I said above - if you are ok with dropping $700 right now, that's great. but that's really the only logical way a $700 pre-order should make sense as well.

Last edited:

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want to see the Obscura just look at my last post in the Alden thread. It has the boot and the shoe, which does have the medallion on the toe.

REguy

Reaction score
One of the best features of the Obsura boot is the oversized brogue holes on the cap. I hope this gets incorporated into the EP make-up.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, not that I can't drop big cash on luxueuze items. But money can only be spend once. I happen to have more intetests than just Alden agora. With a production process of 12 to 18 months I just thought the pre-order period was quite short.

@ Mike:

If you do a pre-order in the best future for about the same item, I'll be on it. Can't have all at once. Momotaro's are quite lovely too ;)

Edit: Texting on mobile sucks.

Last edited:

akg101

Reaction score
So what is the deal with this group buy? Is it happening?

Is it still possible to get in?

I REALLY want the MTO02 boots.. Actually, I'd go for either of them.

Last edited:

sfactor23

Reaction score
If you guys want to do a calfskin makeup, then we could keep that open for a month. I could send a order for as many units as you guys want to buy. I've seen the "Obscura" in tan calfskin and it's a great looking piece. Would probably come out around $500.
Count me in on the Obscura calfskin, if on a TruBalance last!
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads