• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alden cordovan pricing

Bellison

Reaction score
Hello gents,

Do you guys know if it's possible to get Alden cordovan shoes for sub 400? If so, where and when?

Thanks

slappy

Reaction score
Check out the seconds list at shoemart. Im not sure if they drop below 400 but I think they might on occasion.

vincerich

Reaction score
Used on Amazon/Ebay.

Raralith

Reaction score
All Alden seconds go to TheShoeMart.com, and you can get on the seconds mailing list for Alden by just sending them an email. The last email I got was dated 6/8/2010, and I see a lot of cordovan at $398 and lower; no shoe on listed is more than $398. Mixed reviews on my side, I only purchased one and it turned me away. A bit too much of an imperfection for me to ever go back.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bellison
Hello gents, Do you guys know if it's possible to get Alden cordovan shoes for sub 400? If so, where and when? Thanks
From brooks brothers during friend and family sale they are around $450, with people selling gift cards, etc, you could perhaps get that down to $400

vincerich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Raralith
All Alden seconds go to TheShoeMart.com, and you can get on the seconds mailing list for Alden by just sending them an email. The last email I got was dated 6/8/2010, and I see a lot of cordovan at $398 and lower; no shoe on listed is more than $398. Mixed reviews on my side, I only purchased one and it turned me away. A bit too much of an imperfection for me to ever go back.

What was the imperfection?

Bellison

Reaction score
I seem to have remembered them selling for around 350 at certain stores. Am I not correct?

Originally Posted by makewayhomer
From brooks brothers during friend and family sale they are around $450, with people selling gift cards, etc, you could perhaps get that down to $400

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vincerich
What was the imperfection?

See photo below. These were available for 398$.
Decided not to take them...
172504-f2e32-33439069-m750x740.jpg

172504-98fd1-33439075-m750x740.jpg

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whiskey and ravello shell is much more likely to have a deal breaker as a fault, since it will often be a dark spot on the light shell

#8 or black seconds are sometimes just rough stitching, or something not really apparent at all

viator

Reaction score
Shoemart told me that when they get the seconds from Alden, they then send them to a cobbler to address any issues.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cheapest you can get Alden Shell is during the BB after Christmas sale. They're 25% of plus a 15% off kicker if you shop on the 26th. That brings them below $400.

I've had ****** experiences with shoe mart seconds. I wouldn't even give them a second thought.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bellison
I seem to have remembered them selling for around 350 at certain stores. Am I not correct?
IIRC, a year or so ago there was a store that was unloading stock at very cheap prices, some were sub 300 I think.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had good luck on the seconds front. Cigar shell PTB, #8 shell PT Chukka, and the 4060 captoe boot in #8 all have what I consider to be fairly inocuous flaws.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
IIRC, a year or so ago there was a store that was unloading stock at very cheap prices, some were sub 300 I think.

Team Shoe NY ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads