• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aftershave

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i know that these days it's widely accepted that alcohol is bad for your skin. most people look for skin products that are alcohol free but i was curious to know if anyone here still buys/wears traditional aftershave (which is mostly alcohol). i'm not referring to aftershave gels or balms.

i ask because i have a bottle of "acqua di gio" aftershave that i recieved as a gift for christmas and i haven't worn it yet, though i do wear the cologne once in a while. i have dry skin to begin with so i don't want to make it worse but it was a gift and i don't want to see it go to waste. any thoughts?

NavyStyles

Reaction score
I have Kiehl's aftershave, which is alcohol-based. I also have very sensitive skin which can be easily agitated. I haven't had any problems with the aftershave, so I say go for it. At least give it a shot one day when you don't have much to do (socially) so you can tell how it reacts with your skin.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
navystyles,
i put it on this morning and didn't have any of the excessive dryness i had anticipated. i've decided to use it as a body splash though... don't know why i didn't think of that sooner.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
don't know why i didn't think of that sooner.
The advantage of having the Style Forum
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads