• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Aftershave

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i know that these days it's widely accepted that alcohol is bad for your skin. most people look for skin products that are alcohol free but i was curious to know if anyone here still buys/wears traditional aftershave (which is mostly alcohol). i'm not referring to aftershave gels or balms.

i ask because i have a bottle of "acqua di gio" aftershave that i recieved as a gift for christmas and i haven't worn it yet, though i do wear the cologne once in a while. i have dry skin to begin with so i don't want to make it worse but it was a gift and i don't want to see it go to waste. any thoughts?

NavyStyles

Reaction score
I have Kiehl's aftershave, which is alcohol-based. I also have very sensitive skin which can be easily agitated. I haven't had any problems with the aftershave, so I say go for it. At least give it a shot one day when you don't have much to do (socially) so you can tell how it reacts with your skin.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
navystyles,
i put it on this morning and didn't have any of the excessive dryness i had anticipated. i've decided to use it as a body splash though... don't know why i didn't think of that sooner.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
don't know why i didn't think of that sooner.
The advantage of having the Style Forum

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%