1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Aftershave

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by matadorpoeta, Mar 19, 2004.

1. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Distinguished Member

i know that these days it's widely accepted that alcohol is bad for your skin. most people look for skin products that are alcohol free but i was curious to know if anyone here still buys/wears traditional aftershave (which is mostly alcohol). i'm not referring to aftershave gels or balms.

i ask because i have a bottle of "acqua di gio" aftershave that i recieved as a gift for christmas and i haven't worn it yet, though i do wear the cologne once in a while. i have dry skin to begin with so i don't want to make it worse but it was a gift and i don't want to see it go to waste. any thoughts?

2. NavyStyles

NavyStyles Senior Member

I have Kiehl's aftershave, which is alcohol-based. I also have very sensitive skin which can be easily agitated. I haven't had any problems with the aftershave, so I say go for it. At least give it a shot one day when you don't have much to do (socially) so you can tell how it reacts with your skin.

3. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Distinguished Member

navystyles,
    i put it on this morning and didn't have any of the excessive dryness i had anticipated. i've decided to use it as a body splash though... don't know why i didn't think of that sooner.

4. NavyStyles

NavyStyles Senior Member

The advantage of having the Style Forum [​IMG] .