• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

advice on fit

bmp00

Reaction score
Hello-

first post--if this is the wrong spot, please advise.

Anyway, I've decided to make a break from the world of poor clothing, and i figured step 1 was a good pair of jeans (thank you styleforum archives for having countless ideas on the topic). I opted for naked&famous, and got their broken twill selvedge in slim guy 31. I'm normally a 33 (haven't really measured myself, but that's my usual size in the few pairs of diesel & gap jeans i own).

anyway here are some photos. (i have more of a phone with a camera than a camera phone, so forgive the ****** quality).

i've only worn them for a total of about 10 hours, so i imagine they've still a good deal of stretching to do. i fear they may be too tight up top, as i have kind of a big ass for a white dude of my size. any thoughts? if i end up not liking these i was thinking of trying a size 32, maybe in weird guy cut instead of slim guy, as the slim guy seems a little big at the ankles. also how is the stacking? i figured i shouldn't cuff with boots, but they don't seem long enough to warrant hemming.

UrbanAesthetics

Reaction score
If it's too tight, then there tight and there's not much you can depend on it to fit as far as the natural stretching of denim goes. I think they look OK and it'll look better if you cuff your jeans to get rid of all those ripples. Because you sound uncomfortable with the size of your jeans, you should think twice about getting your true waist size...

thatguymj

Reaction score
They look fine to me up top . It may just be that you're not use to wearing your jeans so fitted. Same thing happened to me and now I look back and laugh at how big I wore my jeans.

If they are raw they will obviously stretch a inch or 2 and would fit fine, its they aren't, you can still expect some stretching. The length seems fine if you are looking to 'stack' them. It just usually takes awhile for the stacks to kinda of flatten out and sit more normal.

GL

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These jeans have made you sound slightly neurotic online.
N&F will stretch 2" or so in the waist.
You don't have a big ass.
Slim guys are straight leg, so they won't be great for stacking. Pick up the weird guys instead, but be prepared, they will be a little tighter to start with.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Fit is perfect, wear them for a week and they'll be fine.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
N&F are notorious for stretching.

Wear them hard for 1-2 weeks and they'll stretch.

Islander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanAesthetics
If it's too tight, then there tight and there's not much you can depend on it to fit as far as the natural stretching of denim goes.

Well that clears things up.

Seriously I would keep those, fit is very good, just wear them and the top block will loosen up.

imschatz

Reaction score
Fit looks good .. as mentioned they will stretch. I have a pair of green selvedge weird guys, that stretched from a size 32 to almost 34" in the waist.

bmp00

Reaction score
thanks for all the feedback, fellas-i think the neurosis definitely stems from, as thatguymj accurately noted, this being my first pair of tight-ish jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads