• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Advice for my mother-in-law

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She's a petite woman with very thin thighs; hence, she has a difficult time finding jeans that actually fit in the leg. She tried my 7 For All Mankind jeans on, and I'm a size 24: whereas they fit almost snuggly on my legs, there was probably 2 inches of extra fabric for her, but she couldn't zip and button them at the lower waist.

Could anyone recommend brands that are more likely to fit her?

Thank you,

Fabienne

Brian SD

Reaction score
That's tough. Jeans with a higher amount of stretch would probably work well for her. I've also found some Joe's jeans to fit very tight in the thighs.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
You're in luck. This season, everyone is making a skinny jean. Habitual, APC, Acne, and a host of other companies are making extra skinny jeans. I mentioned these because they make more "mature" jeans. Other companies to consider are Notify, which make a *very* skinny jean and J-brand, which makes a skin tight stretch jean. Oh, and I believe that Australian company Sass & Bide is also making a very skinny jean.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this is disapointing, from the name of the thread, I thought that you were asking about ways of disposing of a body......

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E-mail/PM Denimbar (Mauro). He knows his shit and helped me get my plus-sized girl into some jeans that she really likes.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
this is disapointing, from the name of the thread, I thought that you were asking about ways of disposing of a body......

From what I heard about yours, the misunderstanding makes sense. Mine is a charming, fun lady.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will email her the suggestions, thank you all!

Fabienne

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
potelÃ
e = chubby.

Why is everything so sexy in French..

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think its just that everything is so ugly in english.

Reaction score
I read that PLUMB is the sexiest word in English. Something about the mouth shape and tongue action involved.

Mother-in-laws are a sneak preview, as we know. Mine is aiight, if not a bit, well, unhinged.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 55 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.8%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%