• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50% wool 50% linen suit in Canadian winter? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Pastafarian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Ah - I know the spot. Sample sale.

Fuuuck. I'm better off not going.

Last time I went, I spent almost 4 hours and walked out with a sportcoat, pants, tie and an overcoat.

lol yup.

My buddy just tagged along. didn't want to spend at all.

Picked up a blazer and a pair of shoes. **** they didn't have my size they had some nice shoes. Monk straps and ankle boots.

It ran him 1200 bucks. Great price considering the blazer was the Satorial line and the shoes were kangaroo skin or something. Still he was cursing me for bringing him along.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think the last time I went to that they looked at me funny and asked "how'd you hear about this?", huh.

Pastafarian - well I wasn't planning on doing any touching, just looking. But you go right ahead. I'll let the others know what to expect ;-)
(I'm in the midst of trying to arrange a nice meeting venue so I'm thinking of sending out invites in the next week or two for 2-3 weeks from now)

kasper007

Reaction score
I only have one true winter suit and i live in Montreal. I actually don't like wearing it that much as i find it's a little too warm inside, where i spend the vast majority of my day. You'll be freezing outside with any suit anyway so as long has you have a warm overcoat, you should be fine

Doxe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastafarian
301 Davenport, toronto, on.

Cool.

What is this meet up for? touching dicks?

jk. or am i?

I will have to check out tomorrow.

I'm going to Yorkville tomorrow to try on some Lardini jackets at Nicolas. If they fit, then I'll pick up a few from Yoox for 1/10th the price.

There was an article in ROB today that Bloor cracked the top 20 most expensive retail overheads in the World at $313 sq/ft. I'll let the Canaccord boys pay the retail mark-up, thank you very much.
smile.gif

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doxe
I will have to check out tomorrow.

So that you know, it's not a store - more of a showroom.

Just in case you miss it.

dsmolken

Reaction score
Wear it till you get too cold - which might be later in the year than you think. Depends on how porous the weave is, how hairy you are etc. I can bike in below-freezing weather in linen trousers and don't get cold.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Canada, eh?

Toronto, eh?

eh?

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan-27
I've never been to Canada, but surely it gets warm enough to wear a suit that is 50% wool/50% linen for at least a few months in the summer, no?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Today it was 30 degrees Celsius in Toronto; 37 with humidity (third day of Autumn & almost October, remember). Those numbers translate to 86 and 99 in Fahrenheit. There are "a few months in the summer" when having to wear a suit outdoors at all is torture by boiling.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not Jewish btw.
It applies to Christians too. You're going to hell.

wetnose

Reaction score
Well consider this...your office temperature probably hovers around 20C anyway, so why worry?

Unless you anticipate spending an hour everyday waiting for the bus, it's really not a problem.

You obviously thought it was a good suit when you bought it, so enjoy it.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not Jewish btw.

I have always been taught that the Pastafarians identified closely with our Jewish friends. You are not "Iyin like a lion in Zion?"
confused.gif

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy weekend forvmites...

38o2ffu

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads