• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50% wool 50% linen suit in Canadian winter? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Pastafarian

Reaction score
New here.

Big fan of the forums. Been reading for years but never bothered to sign up.

So yesterday I was at a Pal Zileri sale here in Toronto. I picked up a Cerruti 1881 3 piece suit. Classic Navy with pin-stripes. I didn't know that Pal Zileri actually bought out Cerruti and make all their suits now. Anyway, the suit itself felt thick and sturdy, I never bothered to look at the material. As I'm getting it tailored today I just noticed it's 50% wool and 50% linen.

Can I wear this in the winter?

I know you're not supposed to wear linen in the winter time? At least it's 50% wool?

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have fun freezing your ass off. Let this be a lesson to you...

Pastafarian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
Don't understand why you are telling everyone to FU?

Oh wasn't directing it to the forum. It was a cry of frustration... right after you spent 700 bucks on a suit and realize you probably can't even wear it in the winter.......

FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250.jpg

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pastafarian
I just noticed it's 50% wool and 50% linen. Can I wear this in the winter? At least it's 50% wool?
Wear it until it gets too cold to continue wearing it. When that occurs will be up to your nervous system. Since you already bought it and it's now being tailored (and presumably if you spent $700, you liked the styling & fit), there's nothing to be done but use it in whatever capacities it will serve you well. Worst case scenario: it's a spring/fall suit ... what's the big deal?

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
You would think that you would be able to tell just by touching the fabric if the suit had as much as 50% linen. From now on, this will serve as a good lesson to check the label to see what kind of fabric it is before you even try it on, let alone purchase the item.

I've never been to Canada, but surely it gets warm enough to wear a suit that is 50% wool/50% linen for at least a few months in the summer, no?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I was at a Pal Zileri sale here in Toronto.

Not that I should be buying anything more but where??

And I say wear the damn suit if it feels warm enough.

Pastafarian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Not that I should be buying anything more but where??

And I say wear the damn suit if it feels warm enough.

u can still drop by.

they have a good selection of 40-42 suits and jackets.

It's at the Pal Zileri store on Davenport close to Yorkville. google them. We just passed by.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Where? could you be more specific please?

Ps - welcome, stick around. I'll try to setup a Toronto SF meetup so look out for the PM.

Pastafarian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Where? could you be more specific please?

Ps - welcome, stick around. I'll try to setup a Toronto SF meetup so look out for the PM.

301 Davenport, toronto, on.

Cool.

What is this meet up for? touching dicks?

jk. or am i?

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just an fyi to the OP, you're probably going to go hell if you wear that suit.

Deuteronomy 22:11 "Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woolen and linen together."

Oh and I almost forgot Leviticus 19:19 "Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee."

Pastafarian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Just an fyi to the OP, you're probably going to go hell if you wear that suit.

Deuteronomy 22:11 "Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woolen and linen together."

I'm not Jewish btw.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
u can still drop by.

they have a good selection of 40-42 suits and jackets.

It's at the Pal Zileri store on Davenport close to Yorkville. google them. We just passed by.

Ah - I know the spot. Sample sale.

Fuuuck. I'm better off not going.

Last time I went, I spent almost 4 hours and walked out with a sportcoat, pants, tie and an overcoat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics