• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2011 Rugby World Cup

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woohoo!!!
That was a bad game to watch, but the french deserved the victory. Red card was not a dubious decision, after all Alain Rolland awarded a red card to toulouse center florian fritz for the same tackle during the heineken cup this year, 30 minutes before the end of the game.
!luc

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lasbar will be tres heureux FWIW....

Great game by Wales and the referee decision was wrong..

It was a dangerous tackle and a yellow card without any discussion...

Florian Fritz was sent off by the same referee for the same tackle in the Heineken cup...

Wales has a great team full of youth and bravery...

They werethe better team today but France was better than South Africa in 95 and England in 2007 and we did lose..

For the match itself , France did not play well and playing against 14 men stop them playing expensive rugby...

They were playing territory ..

BTW , on the last kick missed by the Welsh , there was never a penalty ..

Charteris was on the floor handling the ball ...

To the anti-French brigade , I'm sad we played that way but I'm happy you 're swallowing your hatred bile back.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Woohoo!!!
That was a bad game to watch, but the french deserved the victory. Red card was not a dubious decision, after all Alain Rolland awarded a red card to toulouse center florian fritz for the same tackle during the heineken cup this year, 30 minutes before the end of the game.
!luc

I thought the red card given to Fritz was OTT at the time..

I do think a yellow would have been fairer..

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought the red card given to Fritz was OTT at the time..
I do think a yellow would have been fairer..

The rules call for a red. These dangerous tackles need to go, they're a bad press for rugby.
Nobody knows what the outcome of the game would have been 15 vs. 15. Chances are it would had been much more opened.
!luc

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The rules call for a red. These dangerous tackles need to go, they're a bad press for rugby.
Nobody knows what the outcome of the game would have been 15 vs. 15. Chances are it would had been much more opened.
!luc

It is a red in principle but not in the nature of that particular tackle...

Spear tackles have to go...

No discussion about that...

Rugby is physical enough without risking breaking someone's neck..

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I will concede that the French team played a tremendous defensive game, at least.

Apart from the try...

That's terrible defending...

Wales had a good game and doesn't deserve to go out like that...

We will never know what would have happened because playing at 15 vs 14 is not always a great thing...

We must have finished them instead of trying to get through the forwards ...

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this Guardian article says it all, so much promise and no delivery. To use a sexual analogy it was like catching the train to Flinders Street Station and getting off at Princes Bridge,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/oct/15/wales-france-rugby-world-cup

I dont think France will have any kind of chance next week, they played their final against England last week.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Winners are grinners...and the losers can please themselves...Go Wallabies today!

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna repeat myself... whoever wins tonight, I hope beats the **** out of France...

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I woke at 345 AM (0345 for you Euros) just to catch this match. Hope the Wallabies don't continue to be outclassed in the second half.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Australia's kicking was awful.
Why weren't they aggressive at the end right on the try line? ******* trying to get a meter at a time with 2 minutes left? WTF!
Give us a healthy side maybe its a bit different. Then again, a 100% All Blacks would be a menace.

I hate to say it but... Come on France!

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FUBAR

Last edited:

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blacks played well. Goddam

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads