• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2011 Rugby World Cup

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Trouble for him is that his performance will hurt his player value when he switches to Rugby League.

According to the ABC radio news that NRL isn't interested in QC after his performance in NZ ( yeah right believe it when I see it). The talk for months has been that Money Bill and him are going to be marketed as a double package.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Whether he gets better and more consistent from here is entirely up to him.
We can see how far Cruden has come in one year, and that is due to work ethic and attitude. His defensive game has really tightened up and his passing is becoming very attractive.
If QC wants to get better he needs to recognise his deficiencies and not hide from them. Defense, field kicking, decision making etc are areas he needs to polish up.
Carlos Spencer never addressed his issues and thus was never great, despite loads of talent.
Believe it or not, but even Dan Carter had flaws 8 or so years ago.

Car;os Spencer was a strange one..

Announced as the next big thing and finished being nothing else than a good international player..

Cipriani ,Michalak,Cooper???

AGPi

Reaction score

Trouble for him is that his performance will hurt his player value when he switches to Rugby League.

I'd be amazed if an NRL team pays big $$$ for him. He can't tackle. Deans should have taken Giteau. Anyway, hindsight and all that.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd be amazed if an NRL team pays big $$$ for him. He can't tackle. Deans should have taken Giteau. Anyway, hindsight and all that.

After going apoplectic watching the Canberra Comics, opps The Brumbies stumble their way through the Super 14 I can understand why he didn't pick Giteau he played like **** all season, and he also fucked up big time against Samoa.

There is a media driven push to get Link involved with the Wallabies, which would be good considering the great job he did with the Reds.

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

After going apoplectic watching the Canberra Comics, opps The Brumbies stumble their way through the Super 14 I can understand why he didn't pick Giteau he played like **** all season, and he also fucked up big time against Samoa.
There is a media driven push to get Link involved with the Wallabies, which would be good considering the great job he did with the Reds.

Giteau is struggling at the moment...

He is not the player he used to be once.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive played both league and union and the tackling style in both games is different and cant be compared. there is a different aim in the tackle. i found tackling in league to be a bit more intimidating because it is always around the knees.

that said, i dont think tackling is such a great skill that it would take a top level athlelete very long to adapt. defense really comes down to work ethic.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ive played both league and union and the tackling style in both games is different and cant be compared. there is a different aim in the tackle. i found tackling in league to be a bit more intimidating because it is always around the knees.
that said, i dont think tackling is such a great skill that it would take a top level athlelete very long to adapt. defense really comes down to work ethic.

:facepalm:

Note to self: Read about fashion on here, and keep sport for elsewhere

Last edited:

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im also all for the forced IQ testing of League players and forcing anyone with an IQ over say, 100 to play union instead of League.

it would be good to have 3 extra players to choose from.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone explain the scrum to me. On tv while i tune in I don't get the scrum. It seems pointless, the ball is underneath and what happens?

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

im talking from personal experience playing both codes. your experience as a 'suporter' may vary.

School footy and rep teams for 15 years, First Grade for 2 years in union isnt supporting.. its not much, but more than welcome to hear about your illustrious career. Do, go on

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads