• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Going really, really hard this fall.

IMG_6430.JPG
IMG_6999.JPG

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When is the pullover above dropping?? looks dope... same drop as goreckis?

0ldb0y

Reaction score
Poor customer service by 18 East. I ordered a Bilal shirt last week and received it yesterday. Unfortunately it fit too big so I asked for an exchange. The person in charge of customer service replied that the item was final sale/no return/exchange. My argument is that at the time of purchase, the product page had ZERO mention of final sale/etc. If it did I wouldn't bother asking for an exchange or refund! The CS person told me they don't offer refunds on any previous drops.. How was I supposed to know that? I'm new to 18 East and this is just my 2nd purchase. They just updated the product page with a final disclaimer this morning after reading my e-mail. Now I'm stuck with a shirt I can't return because of an error on their part?
I even offered to purchase the size they have in stock if they could accommodate me but no reply on their end. I know 18 East is a small company w/growing pains but this leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I would like to continue supporting the brand but their rigid policy makes me rethink that..

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poor customer service by 18 East. I ordered a Bilal shirt last week and received it yesterday. Unfortunately it fit too big so I asked for an exchange. The person in charge of customer service replied that the item was final sale/no return/exchange. My argument is that at the time of purchase, the product page had ZERO mention of final sale/etc. If it did I wouldn't bother asking for an exchange or refund! The CS person told me they don't offer refunds on any previous drops.. How was I supposed to know that? I'm new to 18 East and this is just my 2nd purchase. They just updated the product page with a final disclaimer this morning after reading my e-mail. Now I'm stuck with a shirt I can't return because of an error on their part?
I even offered to purchase the size they have in stock if they could accommodate me but no reply on their end. I know 18 East is a small company w/growing pains but this leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I would like to continue supporting the brand but their rigid policy makes me rethink that..
Bilal shirt? I'm almost positive that product would have had the final sale notice at the bottom of the page if you ordered it last week.

Jonas251

Reaction score

Just to give a constructive response, there is a buy-sell-trade thread where you could try to unload it. The Bilal shirt is no longer on the webstore, so there might be people out there who want one in the size you have. Since it’s not on the webstore and 18 east never goes on sale or anything, it’s conceivable that you could ask for retail + shipping and get a bite.

Hope that is helpful. As an aside, there is a substantive amount of discussion on this page about the return policies. Multiple people have brought it up in the past, and it Has been consistent that prior drops are final sale. In my extensive experience browsing the archive section, every item has always said final sale in the description.

If for some reason it was left out of the bilal page, and then after you notified them, they refused your return and corrected the page, I would also probably be upset. However, I’d consider it much more likely that you didn’t see the final sale notification initially rather than it was not there. Also, it’s hard to imagine you didn’t browse other items and it was missing on those page. I’d say there is plenty of fair warning regardless.

eddiemczee

Reaction score
View attachment 1259671 View attachment 1259672

Hey folks! Looking to pass on my Indigo Khadi Suit (both a size medium and pants fit like a 32). Bummed to be selling it but since I ride all the time I don't get many chances to wear it. Open to any reasonable offers for them on their own or as a set. Thanks!

EDIT: SUIT SOLD
Dammit, when you sleep on this thread for a few days. If this doesn't workout for whoever buys this, hit me up.

everyday

Reaction score
I think it doesn’t really matter from how many drops ago the shirt is, or even whether or not he is right or wrong, I think sometimes customer service is more anout the How than the Result. I only know one side of the story here obviously, but it’s not so much about about giving the customer what they want, but the customer being not unhappy despite them not getting what they want. And I think big part of this is not feeling ignored or patronized. Just my two cents.

0ldb0y

Reaction score
Just to give a constructive response, there is a buy-sell-trade thread where you could try to unload it. The Bilal shirt is no longer on the webstore, so there might be people out there who want one in the size you have. Since it’s not on the webstore and 18 east never goes on sale or anything, it’s conceivable that you could ask for retail + shipping and get a bite.

Hope that is helpful. As an aside, there is a substantive amount of discussion on this page about the return policies. Multiple people have brought it up in the past, and it Has been consistent that prior drops are final sale. In my extensive experience browsing the archive section, every item has always said final sale in the description.

If for some reason it was left out of the bilal page, and then after you notified them, they refused your return and corrected the page, I would also probably be upset. However, I’d consider it much more likely that you didn’t see the final sale notification initially rather than it was not there. Also, it’s hard to imagine you didn’t browse other items and it was missing on those page. I’d say there is plenty of fair warning regardless.

I'm 100% positive there was no final sale description on that item.. But thanks for the heads up regarding the BST thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads