• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Racing Green

Reaction score
That's exactly what i'm saying but I'm happy to pay the shipping (and lose the tee) to avoid 18E losing out. I'm assuming that if and when UPS ship it back that 18E CS will be in touch and we can work it out. Really don't want a small business be the losers here.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Had a UPS guy arrive at my door in Ireland looking for €38 duty on a $26 dollar tee shirt. No text or email beforehand like every other carrier does. I laughed and told him I didn't want it. Hope it has made it's way back by now but it's probably sitting in the UPS depot in Dublin.

No blame whatsoever on 18 East as it was my jumping on free international shipping that was my undoing. I usually use a mail forwarding address in NJ that our version of USPS has and will do that again in future.

International shipping is now suspended indefinitely.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what i'm saying but I'm happy to pay the shipping (and lose the tee) to avoid 18E losing out. I'm assuming that if and when UPS ship it back that 18E CS will be in touch and we can work it out. Really don't want a small business be the losers here.
That’s very fair of you and I commend you for offering to repay 18 East for all these shipping costs - but I just don’t understand how that’s a better outcome for anyone but UPS. Shipping costs back and forth US<>Ireland isn’t going to be less than 38 euro AND you’re out a shirt. It’s not a rational decision. Is that the online shopping equivalent of road rage?

Racing Green

Reaction score
That’s very fair of you and I commend you for offering to repay 18 East for all these shipping costs - but I just don’t understand how that’s a better outcome for anyone but UPS. Shipping costs back and forth US<>Ireland isn’t going to be less than 38 euro AND you’re out a shirt. It’s not a rational decision. Is that the online shopping equivalent of road rage?

Correct, it isn't a better outcome for anyone bar UPS but the driver couldn't or wouldn't tell me if it would be returned and if so who would pay for it.

I'll admit that his attitude didn't help my decision-making but it's the UPS policy of trying to bounce people into making payments on the doorstep which no other carrier does that's at fault here.

But ultimately I'm a fan as well as a customer and of course I really don't want to see 18E (or any small business I support) lose out to UPS because I wouldn't pay a duty charge.

Reginald Bartholomew

Reaction score
Ah, that sucks.

Sad but understandable, hope you can find a more fool-proof solution for people clueless about customs fees and taxes.

Ah yes, it's cluelessness, and not the fact that the carriers are getting away with absolute murder on "brokerage" fees, then running interference on people trying to clear their own packages to avoid those fees. Thanks for clearing that up, font of knowledge.

RawtherSnarky

Reaction score
Sorry to the supportive and loyal customers that this adversely effects. If we can figure out a better solution we’ll try to run it back but right now we are too small a team to manage these types of issues.

What about implementing minimum orders for international shipping? Like international shipping is available if the order is at least $200 or $300 or whatever.

Edit: This also works for purchasers because stock seems deeper now so, in general, you don't have to add to cart and check out each individual piece immediately like in the older days (and therefore pay shipping for each piece, and you guys losing $20 for each piece being shipped individually).

Last edited:

slimster

Reaction score
Ah, that sucks.

Ah yes, it's cluelessness, and not the fact that the carriers are getting away with absolute murder on "brokerage" fees, then running interference on people trying to clear their own packages to avoid those fees. Thanks for clearing that up, font of knowledge.

This whining is really not that interesting and is part of what led to this outcome. Try constructive criticism the next time you’re dissatisfied and maybe you won’t have to ruin it for the rest of us.

Last edited:

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did AC ever say who the graphic designer was who did the graphic for the "multiples" hoodie?

he mentioned on IG, seems like it was someone from down under, but not sure who. I got my ship notification for that this week, and I can't wait.

if he didn't say, any guesses as to who it is?

AW84

Reaction score
A proxy service was posted yesterday. I haven’t had a chance to try it, but I imagine that there are others if it doesn’t work.

Paying for shipping from 18E to a proxy and then shipping again from the proxy to my home will probably be cheaper than the DHL/UPS/FedEx fees.

If anyone else finds a good way to continue receiving 18E internationally, please let the rest of us know.

Shipping issues aside, these last few drops have been fire. I’ve got some pieces that I’m really happy with. The upcoming fleeces and beanies look great too.

Reginald Bartholomew

Reaction score
This whining is really not that interesting and is part of what led to this outcome. Try constructive criticism the next time you’re dissatisfied and maybe you won’t have to ruin it for the rest of us.

Here's my constructive criticism: since you know nothing about the specific circumstances of people dealing with terrible logistics firms, think about closing your mouth instead assuming a superior position in a conversation. It might lead you to not look like an ignorant asshole who conflates me, a person who is unhappy about this decision, with another guy, who catalyzed a problem into a hard no from 18E. To make it extra clear: you have done nothing constructive here at all, and want to foist off systemic issues as individual problems, because it makes you feel better, even though the actual things you are saying ("clueless about customs fees and taxes") are factually incorrect.

slimster

Reaction score
I’m not conflating you with anyone except with a guy who put himself on the same side of someone who behaved like dick (whom my original comment was related to) to a small business which made us all lose out in the end. I have no idea why you felt targeted nor do I really care, these types of hyper sensitive emotional outbursts are just bleh..

Either way, a poor option was better than no option since nobody could come up with anything better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads