• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

betterusername

Reaction score
This is gorgeous holy ****. Madder sahasika is one of my grails.

Is it sized the same as other sahasikas?

Thanks! Very happy to have it.

In terms of sizing, I “only” (can’t complain) own the original sahasika to compare with. Both XL. Laid them out first lining up the left side seams to show diff in body, and then the right side seams to isolate the sleeve. As you’ll see, some but not much difference, though the landscape has a much looser weave and more flex / give, so also simply “wears” a tad bigger as a result, I find.

7D728591-1E29-45E6-85DF-385B6FF6B34D.jpeg 1DA7BF12-3215-48E1-8D85-D24E1BD07D90.jpeg

I_Adler

Reaction score

In terms of sizing, I “only” (can’t complain) own the original sahasika to compare with. Both XL. Laid them out first lining up the left side seams to show diff in body, and then the right side seams to isolate the sleeve. As you’ll see, some but not much difference, though the landscape has a much looser weave and more flex / give, so also simply “wears” a tad bigger as a result, I find.

View attachment 1536968 View attachment 1536969

God damn. Both of those sahasiks are incredible. Def have the madder as my number 1 on my 18 East wish list.

Rookoobay

Reaction score
PXL_20210117_010911557.jpg

Realized tonight that this kurta fabric is damn close to my favorite vintage madras AND a scarf my wife made for me (edit: I was reminded that I picked the scarf colors a few years ago).

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

View attachment 1536968 View attachment 1536969

These two sahasikas fit very differently than any we make now. They were produced with our Delhi manufacturer and we shifted the production (and fit development) of it down to Jaipur. They run substantially smaller than the current iteration.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @NickPollica -- for the new indigo Mandu, is the fit the same as the first run? Is the suggestion TTS? I think they ran a little bit big?

Yep they run a bit big. Here’s the size chart from the patchwork hmong one:
3175AE25-B10A-4F81-BB26-6B829BD4132A.jpeg

we will have XXL but no XS.

Last edited:

kakishiboo

Reaction score
Hey - big fan of the hot wash/dry treatment on Gorekis here.

Has anyone experimented with a hot wash/dry on the recent corduroy items? I have a pair of the zip-off climbing pants (pic) that are just a tad big on me. I'm hoping it's possible to shrink them down a little bit without jeopardizing the construction of the pants.

zipoffcords.jpg

CPAJay1221

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW I found the sizing on the Jungle Jacket to be very true to size. Not oversized and not slim fitting. I’m a medium and my medium fits perfectly. I’m 5’10” 170 for reference. 41 inch chest 18.5 inch shoulders.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wainscott is like the best sweater ever. What size are you in the wainscott and field jacket? Trying to figure out sizing for the indigo one.

I am standard medium and took a Small in both. I probably could have done a Medium in the Jungle Jacket if I wanted to. But shoulder and sleeves of the small I thought fit me better.

Spehsmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW I found the sizing on the Jungle Jacket to be very true to size. Not oversized and not slim fitting. I’m a medium and my medium fits perfectly. I’m 5’10” 170 for reference. 41 inch chest 18.5 inch shoulders.

Shhhhhh, size down, guys. It runs HUGE. Very ‘uge, in fact. You’ll never get that ideal JCrew fit we’re all so used to if you order an L or bigger.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics