• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mrbutchsanders

Reaction score
LOL I hesitated to even share my thoughts because I certainly don't want to even be suspected of that. Out of the 10-12 pieces I've bought from 18East this year, I only sold the Indigo Vito because it was so short on me. After shipping, I think I lost a couple bucks on it.

Antonio don't ban me.

I think you make some great points. Also, if the label on the inside was different I’m sure we wouldn’t be seeing these prices...

sandman1983

Reaction score
failed to get a single item this drop:( so depressed.
was there a significant drop in stock for XS? cause i saw it go faster than the rest of the sizes (esp the kantha stitched ones)

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
failed to get a single item this drop:( so depressed.
was there a significant drop in stock for XS? cause i saw it go faster than the rest of the sizes (esp the kantha stitched ones)

XS may be phased out due to low demand. Antonio has said that size sells the worst. I think there is still a Driss Utility popover in XS on the site which blows my mind as that is still my favorite piece and I have quite a few pieces.
Wow, just thinking about it 18East will soon be almost 40 to 50 percent of my wardrobe

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I crazy for not being that bothered by a few people price gouging on Grail*d? It would be different if it was most of the stock going straight on there, but it seems to me that maybe two pieces of each style end up on there. That's a negligible difference to our ability to snag one on release day. And if people were putting pieces on there for the retail price, they'd sell immediately and you'd have to constantly be refreshing to be able to grab anything secondhand (as demonstrated by the BST thread here).

I check every couple of days to see if the blue patchwork shorts pop up in an XL and I'd happily pay $200+ for a once in a lifetime piece that I missed out on. I'm not trying to sound spoiled, but if you're in the market for $100-300 clothing pieces anyway, a $100 markup probably isn't going to have you living under a bridge.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

If this was someone who bought something, wore it for a bit, decided they didnt like it and then was able to sell it for a profit because of demand, good for them. But this is guy who is selling an item he doesnt even have yet, purely to make a profit.

Look, this is America, do what you want, capitalism, blah blah blah, but I think its weak when there are so many people that want these items day of and are willing to pay and people are buying purely to flip.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If this was someone who bought something, wore it for a bit, decided they didnt like it and then was able to sell it for a profit because of demand, good for them. But this is guy who is selling an item he doesnt even have yet, purely to make a profit.

Look, this is America, do what you want, capitalism, blah blah blah, but I think its weak when there are so many people that want these items day of and are willing to pay and people are buying purely to flip.

Buying to resell at a steep mark up before the product hasn't left our hands isn't something we'll stand for. I'm getting serious hate mail about the fact that our stuff sells out so quickly, and people copping to flip only fuel that. If we catch someone, their orders will be cancelled in perpetuity.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I crazy for not being that bothered by a few people price gouging on Grail*d? It would be different if it was most of the stock going straight on there, but it seems to me that maybe two pieces of each style end up on there. That's a negligible difference to our ability to snag one on release day. And if people were putting pieces on there for the retail price, they'd sell immediately and you'd have to constantly be refreshing to be able to grab anything secondhand (as demonstrated by the BST thread here).

I check every couple of days to see if the blue patchwork shorts pop up in an XL and I'd happily pay $200+ for a once in a lifetime piece that I missed out on. I'm not trying to sound spoiled, but if you're in the market for $100-300 clothing pieces anyway, a $100 markup probably isn't going to have you living under a bridge.

Maybe I'm wrong though.
It's one thing to sell something on Grailed that you bought from a brick and mortar. In that instance, you are providing a service to people who do not have access to that physical store. It's quite another to buy something online from a website with no intention of wearing it and flip it immediately for a profit on Grailed. You're just a transaction cost that adds no value to the product.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads