• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, but UPS is so much worse than FedEx, for example. In the hierarchy of shippers, they are demonspawn who squat in dark places.

Yep, just to add to the chorus on UPS awfulness: I've had to contact UPS three times already today about an 18 East package that they said they left on my deck at 1:45. I was home at 1:45 (home all day in fact) and don't have a deck or anything that could be called a deck. They said they had located it, the driver had made a mistake, and they would redeliver, but they then delivered a different package...

The level of incompetence is astounding. And this is in the US.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
However the drops occur I just request that we all know at the same time. The “in studio now” thing on Instagram is nice but only if you happen to see it before the locals rush in when the door opens. The old way of sending an email and letting the floodgates open seems the fairest way for everyone to have a chance at these awesome pieces so I’m glad Antonio is going back to that.

Reactions: kjb

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agree with @Chaconne , i'd much rather get cart jacked during a set universal drop than realized i missed something i loved since the first previews because i decided not to look at instagram for a day, which is what basically happened with these mock necks.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not at all looking for sympathy. Just trying to explain some of the decisions that we’ve made and address comments that seem to suggest we are trying to take advantage of you all in some way.

Last edited:

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel bad for Antonio. He can't win either way. There's no one "fair" way of selling drops.

Agreed it won’t always be entirely fair and the nature of the way 18E is run will always mean I’m going to miss out at something at some point. I very much accept that and am happy Antonio's got such high demand for everything. But at least with the universal drop the theory is you have a shot at the product. Whether or not you get it is another story and I’m cool with that. I’m just bummed I didn’t even get a shot at the white mock neck. But that’s just a personal gripe.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like the "call the studio" test is a good gauge of how much I want something.

USPS would be a nice option, though, since as noted, it takes a week for UPS to get to the left coast.

RuffyD

Reaction score
So uh, back to the clothes. Just grabbed the inis band collar shirt in XL from the website, looking forward to wearing it:cool:

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So uh, back to the clothes. Just grabbed the inis band collar shirt in XL from the website, looking forward to wearing it:cool:

Yep, UPS issues aside, once I had the carrier pull the package off the deck they had accidentally delivered to, the Éide trousers inside were a thing of beauty matched in my recent purchases only by last week's Keating shirt. Any troubles with distribution only exist because of how great (and mostly unsubstitutable) pieces like this are.

RuffyD

Reaction score
Osman jacket in size XXL just popped up on website

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m in Canada too and mostly use a proxy in the US to avoid using UPS. What they do is basically criminal by not giving you an option to pay duties and taxes without incurring their over inflated brokerage fee.

I just ordered the collared thermal over the phone and was told they can ship to me in Canada via USPS and that it was no problem. I haven’t got a shipping confirmation yet though, fingers crossed it gets shipped as agreed.
Got my shipping notification today and was happy to see it went out with USPS! Thank you @NickPollica

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm . . . I've always had good results with UPS. Overnight delivery from NYC (NMWA and 18East) to DC (rented box at a UPS Store down the street from my apartment).

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As is often the case, these things vary from person to person (and, obviously, between the US and Canada), but in my experience, UPS really is the best all-around shipper. They're the most reliable, their tracking is accurate, and they actually deliver on their promised date (sometimes a day early).

Having said that, having the option for USPS would be nice (it's cheaper and much faster than UPS to the west coast), but I also understand that a business needs to do what's best for them.

Symphony

Reaction score
speaking on phone orders, Goreckis are dropping this month, right? i can't miss out this time around and I'll phone order if I have to for sure

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads