• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$14,000 Oxxford cashmere overcoat

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, regarding Oxxford authenticity, the answer is definitely maybe but leaning towards authentic. To be sure, I'd need to see close-up photos of the hand-stitching (must be tons of it) and photos of all the labels, including the RN # so we can plug it into AlanC's nice FTC website (although that internal label can be sewn in just as easily as an external label).

cosme62

Reaction score
I d stay away from this guy sold me an oxxford cashmere jacket also previously worn on set which turned out to be a fake, unfortunately i had already written a nice comment due to prompt shipping etc...turned out to be a saks jacket with oxxford tag badly sewn into the coat clearly a crook so caveat emptor

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I d stay away from this guy sold me an oxxford cashmere jacket also previously worn on set which turned out to be a fake, unfortunately i had already written a nice comment due to prompt shipping etc...turned out to be a saks jacket with oxxford tag badly sewn into the coat clearly a crook so caveat emptor
Cosme,

(As in St. Cosme, the Gigondas?)

Those are some pretty strong accusations, especially given your very hard to read (no punctuation/capitalization, etc.) statement.

What proof did you have that it was not an Oxxford item?  I think Oxxford jackets are very easy to spot when viewed the lining/inside is viewed.  The whole thing is stitched together by hand.  

Also, did you ask for a refund/exchange from the seller?

Thanks

newtothis9

Reaction score
I purchased two suits from this guy a while back. Just checked my ancient emails to be sure it was him. One was Oxxford the other was Kiton. The Kiton was amazing, but the Oxxford had a small pull on the cuff of the trousers, barely visible, but enough to annoy me. I e-mailed him about it, and he handled it amazingly well. Gave me a full refund on the Oxxford, and even sent me a Turnbull & Asser tie. He later relisted the Oxxford jacket alone, without the trousers. I've been scoping out his auctions ever since, but he rarely has anything my size (48). Has anyone here asked him for detailed pictures?

cosme62

Reaction score
I own 14 oxxford suits , 17 oxxford jackets, the jacket i was sold by this individual was not even remotely an oxxford, buttons, stitching, button hole stitching non existent, etc this jacket was of the lowest grade of US made RTW my guess Saks 5 th avenue private label, i ll stand by my statement, at first he offered a refund then refused to answer my mails, .... nuff said i think

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, it does look like the coat worn by the new detective on Law and Order -- but in a darker color fabric.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
I've only seen Farina wear the camel-hair colored one. Saw him in that very coat once on my lunch break, near the statue of the bull at Bowling Green.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads