• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

13.5 oz Cone Mills Selvedge, Made in San Fransisco, and only $81? Kickstarter

trouble

Reaction score
Anyone with sizing questions should check out this page: https://www.weargustin.com/fitguide. They recommend measuring your best-fitting pair of jeans and getting something similarly sized. I did that and everything turned out almost perfectly, though the regulars are very snug on my hard-to-fit thighs. The inseam is much longer than anything else I own (it takes 3 rolls instead of 2.) Also, the belt loops are gigantic - I could wear both my 32mm dress belts at once.

The workmanship, hardware and details are stunning. The fabric on the Super Heavy is amazing, and I expect the Black 2 will grow on me. I find that the stitching (which is the classic orange/tan color) stands out a lot more than I expected it to, particularly on the black denim.

Last edited:

Mox C

Reaction score
Barrel, I like the fit of the second pair a little better, but that may be because they are broken in and the Gustin are new. If I had a muscular frame, I personally wouldn't want to go any skinnier than the Gustin pair, but I think they will look even better once they ease a bit. Definitely nice stacks. Your pose in the Civilianire looks more comfortable, which can have a big impact on how the fit looks, and the older denim shows up better in the light. Thanks for the photos!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barrel, I like the fit of the second pair a little better, but that may be because they are broken in and the Gustin are new. If I had a muscular frame, I personally wouldn't want to go any skinnier than the Gustin pair, but I think they will look even better once they ease a bit. Definitely nice stacks. Your pose in the Civilianire looks more comfortable, which can have a big impact on how the fit looks, and the older denim shows up better in the light. Thanks for the photos!

Hey bud, thanks for the comment! I do think a skinny pair of jawnz will make me look like I have a super hero body (top heavy with tiny legs). lol I'm actually planning on loosing more weight so maybe that'll make those jeans fit me better.

The Civilianire is actually fairly new. It's just a lighter shade of blue and the fit is a bit loose. I like the fact the Gustins are a bit skinnier as the rest of my denim collection is on the looser side.

Anyhow, if you guys are looking for a skinny fit, go with your true size and go for the slim fit. If you guys are looking just for a slim fit, I would go at least 1 size up or maybe even two in their slim fit.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI the 16oz is back. They also released a thriteener aka 13oz.

ryosuke

Reaction score
If I want a similar fit to the Naked and Famous Weird Guy and I wear a 29 in those except for the heavier fabrics (anything above 18oz), what size should I get in the slim? I take size 28 in APC new standards, 30 in wings and horns chino, and 30 in epaulet rivet chinos.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I want a similar fit to the Naked and Famous Weird Guy and I wear a 29 in those except for the heavier fabrics (anything above 18oz), what size should I get in the slim? I take size 28 in APC new standards, 30 in wings and horns chino, and 30 in epaulet rivet chinos.
I would think 29 or 30. I'm usually a 32/33 in other makes. Gustin, slim, 32 is a bit too tight on me. But it all really depends on your body shape. I say if you got skinny legs and no belly fat, go with 28. But if your legs are a bit bigger and have some belly fat, yes, fat skinny people do exist. lol, go with 29 or 30.

Last edited:

rrogers

Reaction score
YOU HAVE BACKED THE #53 THIRTEENER

went with 29 slim. worn 27 in tellason ladbroke grove, interested to see how these feel in comparison. hadn't seen that anyone else has ordered these yet.

Mox C

Reaction score
I just grabbed my slim Super Light from the mailbox. I was a little worried how the slim would fit compared to the straight, but it's about perfect for my scrawny ass. I'll probably go with the slim for most future orders.

Now I'm jonesing for them to release their OCBD's.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just grabbed my slim Super Light from the mailbox. I was a little worried how the slim would fit compared to the straight, but it's about perfect for my scrawny ass. I'll probably go with the slim for most future orders.

+1! Also, I want to see some chambray, raw selvedge shirts! Also, some nice raw selvedge jackets and leather boots will be facking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, fit pics, please!

ryosuke

Reaction score

How did you size for your Slims? Size down or went with your regular size?

Mox C

Reaction score

How did you size for your Slims? Size down or went with your regular size?

I went with 32 for both the Kickstarter straights and the slims. I find the slim Super Light more comfortable in the waist than the straight Overdye. Some of that is probably the stiffer Overdye fabric, but the lower rise on the SL helps too. The SL only needs a little bit of give in the waist, but the Overdye will probably take a while to get there.

Kross

Reaction score
Can anyone compare the cuff opening of the slims on these with petit standards?

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone compare the cuff opening of the slims on these with petit standards?

Yes, having had both, I'd say the slims are just a bit wider than the Petit Standards maybe about 0.25 to 0.5 of an inch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads