1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

13.5 oz Cone Mills Selvedge, Made in San Fransisco, and only $81? Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SparhawkJC, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Sufferred

Sufferred Member

I backed the Blue Line 2, I made a mistake in ordering a straight fit jean. Seeing if they will resolve it to the slim fit. But being a tall 6'6'' construction worker I will give feedback to the built tall guys here once they arrive.

2. Owen Meany

Owen Meany Senior member

I have ordered three pair of the Straight legs over the last (6) months and found the first pair to be a bit more snug in the waist and hips then other jeans in my "size"; thus I went up a size and all is good. While I'll spend $500 on shoes no problem, I cannot do $200 on jeans. I think the Gustin's are great deal - contemporary, top quality and solid fit. Next it will be a shirt....jtb

3. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

I'm with you, I too have ordered three pair of their jeans and am very pleased. Struggling with the question of hemming them straight or hemming with enough to roll. I'm an older man and am not sure how the rolled jeans will look on me. Shame because I really want to show off the nice green weft on the one pair. Just ordered a shirt to try, have tried Ledbury, but they are a bit young for me, and like OBDC shirts.

4. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

are their jeans sanoforized

5. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  6. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Just backed my first pair. Went with the Postal Blue in the slim fit. It looks like an interesting color and nice to have something not super dark. Looking forward to seeing the construction and fit in person

7. Mox C

Mox C Senior member

Guys, please.

I'm all for SparhawkJC putting his code up, but beyond that...

8. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Can I put my code up, too? [​IMG]

Naw, jk...But seriously...Stop spaming the thread! [​IMG]

9. .bishop

.bishop Senior member

will these jeans fade like my old KMW , i got these to replace them.

33 straight fit classic denim
    they fit great, a little looser than my KMW 1950s that I had, but happy with them. just concerned they won't fade.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  10. meso

meso Senior member

It's actually not.

11. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

And it's incredibly tacky!

12. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

ya keep that shit outta here.

13. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

All:

Just received my first pair of Gustin Jeans - standard fit broken weave material. Great cut for me, was what I was hoping for. They are a little tight but hope they stretch enough to work. I am having issues posting pictures so I made my avatar the pic I wanted to show you - the Broken Weave fabric compared to a pair of washed but unworn Lucky jeans and a worn pair of Eddie Bauer jeans. Hope the pic helps those looking at the next round of Broken weave material.

If anyone knows what to expect from the broken weave as far as stretch please respond.
    all the best and headed to duckob

14. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

All:

Just received my first pair of Gustin Jeans - standard fit broken weave material. Great cut for me, was what I was hoping for. They are a little tight but hope they stretch enough to work. I am having issues posting pictures so I made my avatar the pic I wanted to show you - the Broken Weave fabric compared to a pair of washed but unworn Lucky jeans and a worn pair of Eddie Bauer jeans. Hope the pic helps those looking at the next round of Broken weave material.

If anyone knows what to expect from the broken weave as far as stretch please respond.
    all the best and headed to duckob

15. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

+1

I'm sure chinos would be very popular, assuming they come up with a cut that people like. I think that's something they have in development now, and I'm excited to see what comes out of it

16. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Really like showing off the weft on the Green Wefts.
    [​IMG]

17. Kwaker

Kwaker Senior member

looks great with the king aldens

18. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

My standard fit broken weave jeans are in transit from Gustin (last scanned in Vancouver BC) I should see them later this week.

19. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

What is your order number? Trying to work out when my heavy 'mercans will ship

20. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

Gustin shipped the broken weaves last week My guess, maybe this week? My jeans are going to arrive either tomorrow or Wednesday.