1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

13.5 oz Cone Mills Selvedge, Made in San Fransisco, and only $81? Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by SparhawkJC, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

Put an order in for the classic belt.

2. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior member

I got my Natural Selvedge slims today. Sorry no pics right now. I sized up from my normal selvedge 33 in most brands to a 34 in gustin. The waist did up fine and the rest of the measurements felt a size big. With my experience, in a week the waist will now feel too large...so I just emailed team gustin asking if they can change my pending order for the #55 Double Indigo down to a 33. Do not want to end up with 2 pairs too big. Hopefully their customer service comes through.

Sizing aside, the jeans are gorgeous. Beautifully crafted and on par with my tellasons and baldwins. my rogue territorys still feel a step above.

3. mtl274

mtl274 Member

Oh god, the referral links do get very annoying. Ban!

4. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Has anyone received a shirt yet? If so how about some insight into fit.

5. evolved

evolved Senior member

I'm considering my first pair of Gustins, specifically the regular fit #64 Japan Classics in a 33 waist. I've got a pair of APC New Standards in 31 that I've had for a year, or so. I measured the waist, per the Gustin website, and came up with 35 inches across. I'm 6ft, 166lbs. I'm wondering if I should go with the straight fit or regular fit.....any advice?

6. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

I think it depends on your build. If you have slimmer legs or you'd like your denim to sit tighter through seat and thighs you can go with the slim fit, but If you'd rather have a more classic fit, with a higher rise go with the straights.

I just ordered a pair of Straight Japan Standards in 34", I'm a 33" in Levis 505 and my worn in denim measured to approx 36" at the waist, so with stretch I hope the Gustins will be fine.

7. evolved

evolved Senior member

^^^Thanks for the input!

Anyone know approximately how much Gustins will stretch out? 0.5", 1", more?

8. OlafG

OlafG Senior member

It says up to 1" in the fit guide. They recommend a person with 35" waist to go with 33" and let them stretch. I guess the lighter denim will stretch more/quicker.

9. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

Is anybody else finding the jeans are a great deal but other items like the belt can be had at other establishments within the same pricepoint without having to wait?

10. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Pretty tough to get a belt of that apparent quality for the same money, believe me, I've looked!

11. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

I'm a Gustin fan and will not state where, but I thought this may be a good discussion.

I will be buying the Gustin to support the company. That being said, it may not be a great deal like the jeans.

2 people like this.
  12. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

I'll state that the 2 Tanner belts I got (which my dog ate!) Cost almost double before shipping and taxes and the LGC belts I got to replace them them are 20 bucks more. A bridle leather belt from Equus will run you more than double too. I won't even go into what an Iron Heart belt costs. I've no doubt belts can be had for less but is the quality of materials the same?
    I'm not blindly buying Gustin stuff but the belt seems like good value to me even after the 20 bucks shipping

13. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

You are stating brands.

There are individuals and smaller brands that can do a 12oz bridle belt for around $38.

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Great, so go buy a belt from them. You have the choice to buy from whomever you want at whatever price you feel is reasonable. Most feel the price to value ratio on the belt is very high.

15. TactileOne

TactileOne Senior member

Well put, I found the belt to be a very good deal.

16. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

Jeez.

It was just a discussion about the realities of purchasing Gustin because of a belief and support of the brand instead of a price to value ratio.

I already stated I was going to buy a Gustin belt to support anyways.

You Super Gustin Fans need to relax.

There are similar discussion in regards brands as well.

So fucking relax and get of the Gustin Nuts.

Its a discussion.

17. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

YOU relax! LGC isn't a brand. Its a one man operation. Equus isn't far off being the same. I'd be very interested in your source for bridle leather belts at 38 bucks. (Even tho its not a huge price difference) If you could PM me the details I'd appreciate it (seriously). That being said; people were entering the discussion you wanted to have, albeit the "go and buy one then" comment could've been done without.
    Personally, I'm not buying their stuff to support them. I think they're doing just fine. I'm buying because I like the value ratio.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  18. JBG89

JBG89 Senior member

Whats the darkes wash currently available?

19. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

Yah saving a couple of bucks is pretty worthless, albeit, Gustin is still a great deal.

20. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

I'm a 36 and went with the 35" Gustins and they are tight so I hope they stretch out an inch.