• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

11 pinned threads?!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know real estate is cheap right now, but do we really need to take up so much of it with pinned threads?

(yes, I'm a lazy bastard who hates having to scroll down the page to find new threads to laugh at)

A lot of it is very useful, but relatively static, information.

It could be hived off into a MC "database" or reference subforum (the slim shirts thread, the nail patterns, the shoe pictorial, the high-end shoe links, the glossary & the wiki threads).

Of the remaining 5 threads, there's not really all that much difference between WAWYN and the member pic thread. OK, the member pic thread has everyone's faces showing, but does that really need to a pinned thread rather than free-floating?

The STP one I'm assuming is paid-for advertising, so fair enough. And the party thread is temporary and current, so again, I see the logic of pinning it. The Ask thread might cut down on repetitive dull questions in the main body of the forum (though I doubt it), so again, fair enough on the pin. And WAYWN gets serious traffic so the pin is sensible since it would be near the top of the forum permanently even if free-floating.

But you could move at least 7 threads out of that static/pinned section without breaking a sweat and make the forum much more dynamic. On a low-res laptop monitor, most of the screen starts off being pinned threads, which is just daft-looking.

(OK, rant over now...
laugh.gif
)

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Timeout for questioning mod decisions.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I never saw the logic in those "ask all questions here" threads. I don't really mind the quick questions in the main section. They either get answered quickly or they just float off into oblivion.

Plus, I'm too lazy to go digging through to look for questions.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We finally got a small questions thread thanks to me and Master Classer. Saves alot of room in the main part.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Timeout for questioning mod decisions.

I believe that's worth at least 100 Andypoints, right? Just earlier today, I cashed in some of my Airmiles for flights to Mauritius. I could do with a top-up.
smile.gif

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the pinned threads so less noobs post "Where can I this article of clothing worn by Beckham? It's got a couple sleeves and a neckhole." And you guys cant' post "Ask SW&D."

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I will give up 6000 post counts in exchange for this thread to be pinned.

6000 posts for you is just a weekend's worth of snark. No deal.

Originally Posted by Big Punisher
I like the pinned threads so less noobs post "Where can I this article of clothing worn by Beckham? It's got a couple sleeves and a neckhole."

I bet they won't read the pinned threads, and will still post their ever so fascinating questions in the main body of the forum.

Mild Mannered

Reaction score
I will give up 6000 post counts in exchange for this thread to be pinned.

- B

Anyone who so quickly offers 6,000 post counts, ..would gladly offer double.
bounce2.gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that OPs should be given the option of pinning their own threads.

This could be extended.

Everyone could also be given the power to UNPIN any thread they like. What survives the melee is truly popular and worthy of pinning. Let the market decide what is pinned.

The only downside to this is that the trainwrecks that are Moo's threads would probably get pinned for the lulz....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads