• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So with the Inis MTO wrapping up today, I wanted to get in a last minute birdseye crewneck order. Wanted to crowd source my decision - what do folks think - #32 navy/grey or #39 steel grey blue/merlot? Love to hear any thoughts. Thx.

Also, what was the timeframe for delivery? A couple months?

Prefer #39 - different look to it

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So with the Inis MTO wrapping up today...

Wow, thank you for mentioning that, I completely missed the original post.

Handy link for anyone else:

GDL, do they only do the speckled/donegal(?) birdseye in fall weights? Is it at all reasonable to expect that might appear in the future as a fall MTO option? I loved the look of the brown one you had for fw13, it just wasn't a colour I'd wear.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well yes, but thats assuming its actually delivered on time and to the right place and in one piece. in theory USPS is great, but in practice, they suck beyond compare.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've had more problems with FedEx and UPS then I've ever seen with USPS. YMMV.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well yes, but thats assuming its actually delivered on time and to the right place and in one piece. in theory USPS is great, but in practice, they suck beyond compare.

Haha there are 3 EMS USPS package delivery people for me, 2 are perfect but last one is lazy beyond imagination. I can't pick up any package he supposedly leaves notice for since: 1. no notice is actually left 2. he doesn't actually drop package back to post office as I've found out on multiple occasions. So I have to wait a few days until somehow the normal postman can deliver :angry:

Do wish there was option to pay for 3 day select though, ground takes forever. UPS is still better than Fedex though, since Fedex drivers love creating door tags between 10-10:30am when they are running behind for 2 day / international priority packages. Thankfully I caught complained enough that drivers don't do that anymore for packages coming to me :embar:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can actually talk to my local USPS people, and they will actually go looking for my packages. On the other hand, in Cambridge, everyone at the USPS hates life and all living things. They are people rejected by the DMV as being too friendly.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just texting my wife that she received a package from NM. My phone auto filled to NMWA...I may have a problem. When is the next NMWAaholics meeting?

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can actually talk to my local USPS people, and they will actually go looking for my packages. On the other hand, in Cambridge, everyone at the USPS hates life and all living things. They are people rejected by the DMV as being too friendly.

If you're referring to Cambridge, Ma then I couldn't agree more.

I live in Central Sq. and go to the huge PO there.

Although with the combination of people who know 6 words of English and need 45 minutes to send 1 box, and people who know English but have the IQ of a brick, I can see why working the counter would make you slowly lose faith in humanity.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're referring to Cambridge, Ma then I couldn't agree more.

I live in Central Sq. and go to the huge PO there.

Although with the combination of people who know 6 words of English and need 45 minutes to send 1 box, and people who know English but have the IQ of a brick, I can see why working the counter would make you slowly lose faith in humanity.

Unfair to bricks.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wow, thank you for mentioning that, I completely missed the original post.

Handy link for anyone else:
GDL, do they only do the speckled/donegal(?) birdseye in fall weights? Is it at all reasonable to expect that might appear in the future as a fall MTO option? I loved the look of the brown one you had for fw13, it just wasn't a colour I'd wear.

Last call for Inis Meain MTO, La Portegna MTO and Heschung MTO. We're collating orders this weekend and sending them off to the makers on Monday

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So finally got the chance to wear my Inglese Popover yesterday, and just wanted to give a few comments.

The fabric is wonderful. It has a lot of depth to it. I purchased the blue popover, and it really is beautiful.

The fit of the shirt is definitely relaxed. However, it absolutely needs to fit this way. First, linen should look more relaxed in my most humble of opinions. And second, a constraining popover just isn't going to work practically speaking. Think of a popover as a polo that has absolutely NO STRETCH. You will not be able to get it on if it is not relaxed. Also, during the day, you want it more relaxed so that you can access your pockets, move comfortably, etc.

When I received the popover, I was not completely sold by it. But after a day's worth of wear, I plan on picking up at least one more. I really, really love this shirt.

As a caveat though, you need to dispel some preconceived notions about what you are receiving. This is a $300 shirt that is beautifully made, but to fully appreciate it, you are going to have to be open to wearing the heck out of it. So far, I have found that it is most at home untucked with shorts. It is a great shirt to wear untucked, especially with the handrolled edges. The fabric feels and looks great, but it definitely wears casual.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice review, Newcomer. Did you take your normal size? What size do you wear in Mazzy, if you own any?

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nice review, Newcomer. Did you take your normal size? What size do you wear in Mazzy, if you own any?

I took a 16/41 in Inglese, and I also take a 16/41 in Mazzy. So I guess I did take my normal size. It fits a bit loser than the Mazzy, but that is more out of necessity than anything else!

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks newcomer. I agree with everything. I really do think that unless you're going full Agnelli with it (tucked in dress pants with Jackie O on your side), the popovers are best worn untucked with shorts or relaxed trousers. I do think that one can make it work with a summery sport coat (think Camoshita linen/silk ones) but it makes it a little more dandy. It's just a little more Lapo Elkann than the effortless "Gary Cooper in espadrilles" summer look.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads