• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
i sized up to a 52 but haven't opened the box yet maybe this weekend

How is the Alva Mac treating you @jet?

And the propensity to buy two of something may be what makes me feels so at home here. It is a tendency that is not conducive to tidiness.

haven't busted it out yet since we got a little warm spell, want to stuff some tobacco carpincho gloves in that motherscratcher

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
ah nm then

DLJr

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I sized up one in the hopsack polo coat. I struggle, but still fit, with heavy weight tweeds underneath it.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I would say sizing up 1 should be standard but for those who will always wear a jacket underneath and prefer a more comfortable fit, sizing up 2 will work better.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
opened up the first package (small one) i had ordered and damn this **** is nice

cPf1pull.jpg

greg, thank you for the note stuff is beautiful...the brese square feels so silky, the bigi squares are fantastic (this has become a favorite brand) and i feel like i stole the begg from you it's so cheap and feels luxurious as ****

love the container too can't believe you never mentioned or included it in any photos (unless it was just for me LOL!!)

now i've got even more on my list after handling these including more scarves I don't need

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks jet - that scarf is beautiful, I wish there was one left for me :(

The lambswool/angora scarves are actually a really good deal - they feel incredibly soft and are a good showcase of Begg's unique finish (they use those teasels to brush the fabric and raise the nap that you see and feel, that makes it so luxurious).

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great stuff, jet. what was in that small round calabrese box?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
the blue and yellow square came in that

the lambswool/angora scarf feels unreal how soft it is i was mildly shocked, but your'e right 85 bux for that? that's nothing, it can easily sell for 140 all day, in fact i think you should carry more of that blend it's too good

got my eye on another begg and more squares, that is until i test out the maz shirt and casentino in the next couple days

Last edited:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We try to buy products from each maker that exhibits their strong points and where they excel.    Just like we are not buying shirts from Inis Meain or sunglasses from Drake's... we are getting peccary and carpincho gloves from those who are the best at making them.

I have been shopping online for basically everything I wear for decades, but this is the first time I came across a store that offers highly desirable carefully chosen items that reflect exceedingly good taste. Frankly it doesn't matter if I was given a 100 times more expensive well known fashion branded items, I'd still rather shop at your store. Beyond the fact that the items are outstanding due to the unique subtle details, I can also tell that they have been chosen to complement the overall looks of a sartorial gentleman, and that whoever chose them has some ultra fine good taste. On top of all that, at the prices that are basically half of what famous brands are charging for whatever their current seasonal style that I happened to like, it just proves true class has no relation to branding and price tag.

Now I sounded like a fanboy...

malat

Reaction score

I have been shopping online for basically everything I wear for decades, but this is the first time I came across a store that offers highly desirable carefully chosen items that reflect exceedingly good taste. Frankly it doesn't matter if I was given a 100 times more expensive well known fashion branded items, I'd still rather shop at your store. Beyond the fact that the items are outstanding due to the unique subtle details, I can also tell that they have been chosen to complement the overall looks of a sartorial gentleman, and that whoever chose them has some ultra fine good taste. On top of all that, at the prices that are basically half of what famous brands are charging for whatever their current seasonal style that I happened to like, it just proves true class has no relation to branding and price tag.

Now I sounded like a fanboy...

+1. My wife has complained for weeks that there are no [high quality] online equivalents to NMWA for women. The only establishments that come close are some of her favorite B&M boutiques in Tokyo.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1. My wife has complained for weeks that there are no [high quality] online equivalents to NMWA for women. The only establishments that come close are some of her favorite B&M boutiques in Tokyo.

It's a lot harder for women as there is no established sartorial guidelines to focus on. Can't really make an online store that focuses on just 1 specific look for women while offering rare brands. I can imagine there would be lots of returns as well as the sizings vary a lot. Too bad Steffl of Vienna doesn't have an online store. Speaking of which I found Gotemba to be an awesome outlet for men with loro piana, brioni, aquascutum, lanvin among other sartorially acceptable brands having a shop there.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys ! These pieces of feedback and encouragement always put a smile on my face.

If you like our store and site, please share with your friends - we don't put much money into marketing and advertising outside of SF, so we rely on word to mouth and recommendations to get ourselves known. :)

SmileForum

Reaction score
Maybe I just didn't type the right words to search, but I'm surprised you guys haven't tried getting the word out about your webshop on AskAndy, and The Fedora Lounge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads