• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Mrk200

Reaction score
I sized up to a 50 in the Eidos Field jacket, and I think everything fits better, except for the shoulders, which I think appear a touch too wide. Thoughts?

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sized up to a 50 in the Eidos Field jacket, and I think everything fits better, except for the shoulders, which I think appear a touch too wide. Thoughts?
Interesting that you posted this.
I am interested in feedback on the fit I have.
This is a 48.
I know the sleeves are long, but the chest and midsection are ok. I have narrow shoulders.
For the record, I synched the waist.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No expert but it seems to me that the bkotsko fit is better than the mrk200 fit. I think the field jacket should be longer than the way it appears on mrk200 and the sleeves being a bit long on bkotsko isn't a problem for me
Would love to hear what others think.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No expert but it seems to me that the bkotsko fit is better than the mrk200 fit. I think the field jacket should be longer than the way it appears on mrk200 and the sleeves being a bit long on bkotsko isn't a problem for me

I agree with this, since for me I like to layer a field jacket. We see Antonio do with his field jackets, even throwing it on over his suits. But of course everyone has their own preferences.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed. The jacket should be roomier than mrk200's fit.

malat

Reaction score

Interesting that you posted this. I am interested in feedback on the fit I have. This is a 48. I know the sleeves are long, but the chest and midsection are ok. I have narrow shoulders. For the record, I synched the waist.
Looks great. You'll want to layer this over more than a t-shirt. Mrk200's appears too snug.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with others. Although I'd say differently if FJ was in linen; I'd prefer to wear those over a tee.

For the record, I've always felt the Eidos cuts I've tried (Tipo, Tenero) have been 0.5-1 size wider in the shoulders than marked, perhaps to accentuate the silhouette. I definitely cannot size up.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just seems that @Mrk200 is a pretty tall guy. Shoulders are not too wide, but the jacket may be a little short for your frame.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Agree with others. Although I'd say differently if FJ was in linen; I'd prefer to wear those over a tee.

For the record, I've always felt the Eidos cuts I've tried (Tipo, Tenero) have been 0.5-1 size wider in the shoulders than marked, perhaps to accentuate the silhouette. I definitely cannot size up.
feels the same at least for Tipo (regarding to wider shoulder). I haven't tried NMWA cut though.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greg, for the Trunk Show this Friday and Saturday in San Francisco, do you want us to RSVP a time or is it "drop in"?

No RSVP needed - just drop by whenever you want.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll be there around 12:30-1PM or so on Saturday. Will see if I can make it Friday night and find a drink that fits my drop.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mrk200

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback everyone. If it helps others with sizing, gdl203 is spot on, I'm on the taller side - 6'2", 175lbs, 40.5" chest, 33.5" waist, and 19" shoulders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads