• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Asian Afro

Reaction score
Boring question: how do you guys ship?

I'm in Canada, where a couriered item never escapes the notice of customs, and one can expect to pay over 20% of the value of the package.

However, registered items delivered via Royal Mail or USPS usually arrive unmolested.

From where will you ship? Will you be flexible in your shipping methods? Should I steel myself for hefty duties and taxes?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're working on the shipping capabilities and system and I'm hoping we can be fully operational to ship overseas from the site checkout some time later this year. However, in the first months, we will only be shipping US domestic. After careful considerations of quality of service, shipping times and overall attention to customer service, we selected UPS as our carrier.

While we are working on international shipping through the site, I will do my best to accommodate exceptions for SFers and see if I can arrange for intl shipments myself offline. More on that later, it's a bit early to say.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
u da mafuckin man son

Asian Afro

Reaction score
So...can I buy stuff and ask you to hold it until you can ship to me?

In the worst case, I may ask you to ship to a friend who can then USPS it to me. He can also mark things down so I won't pay so much in duties. (Nobody would believe $1,000 sweaters anyway.) :)

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Greg,

Tell us more about the genesis behind this venture? How long did it take to set up, have you quit your IB job etc. etc.? It does look like your venture is much more 'professional' than many other SF-seeded ventures of past, and I'm curious to learn more about how it all originated

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard he just loved clothing so much he couldnt resist going into the business.

And by I heard, I mean I just made that up.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Begg ones? I'm definitely getting one of those too. I saw them at Pitti last January, they looked fantastic:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/334031/begg-and-co-at-pitti-uomo-83

Yes. Actually I can see three of the scarves we bought in your pictures up there. I love Begg scarves, not just the more expensive cashmere ones, the wool/angora ones also feel great.

So...can I buy stuff and ask you to hold it until you can ship to me?
In the worst case, I may ask you to ship to a friend who can then USPS it to me. He can also mark things down so I won't pay so much in duties. (Nobody would believe $1,000 sweaters anyway.) :)

Yes. As I said, as we're working through implementing international shipping, I'll do my best to work with SFers to ship some orders abroad. Using a proxy/friend is also a good option, as are services like Bongo or Bundlebox in the interim.

Greg,

Tell us more about the genesis behind this venture? How long did it take to set up, have you quit your IB job etc. etc.? It does look like your venture is much more 'professional' than many other SF-seeded ventures of past, and I'm curious to learn more about how it all originated

I heard he just loved clothing so much he couldnt resist going into the business.

And by I heard, I mean I just made that up.

IS isn't far from the mark :)

The answer could be very long but let's just say that I have been contemplating this idea for a while and a confluence of events led me to explore further (plan it out) and eventually just jump in.

Despite living in NYC, my busy life led me to shop a lot online actually. And while I think there are a lot of great menswear stores online for more casual stuff, sportswear or streetwear - some actually really inspirational - I always thought that the online offering for great classic menswear products was pretty poor. I had dreamed of a shop where great products from all over would be available in the US, easy to order, easy to return or exchange if any issues.

I also wanted to start from a blank page, only pick things I like and felt where honest products, only work with people I wanted to work with. I want to avoid inflation of brands (I'm not pointing the finger but if there's 250 brands when you click on "Designers", there isn't much of a point of view left...) and I also have no interest in only catering to a small group of very wealthy people - so the result is No Man Walks Alone, a place where we'll offer enough interesting products from a variety of makers to keep things interesting; but not so much that it feels like stepping into an online department store.

I have been working on the project since Thanksgiving and full time since New Year. Some great and talented people joined the team since then.

It will obviously evolve a lot over time and I hope you guys and our customers will help make it evolve : tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong, suggest some ideas, some makers you'd want to see us carry, help us pick styles or fabrics from time to time... I have high ambitions for the store - not to make it the bigger menswear site out there, it isn't about size, but to try and make it one of the very best.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bravo, G. Im glad you took the leap. I think we will all benefit from it. And I had a feeling I was not far from the truth.

:)

roquesoon

Reaction score
Signed up, looking forward to the launch. Bravi, guys
nod[1].gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks for the note. Your initial portfolio looks very promising.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes. Actually I can see three of the scarves we bought in your pictures up there. I love Begg scarves, not just the more expensive cashmere ones, the wool/angora ones also feel great.
Yes. As I said, as we're working through implementing international shipping, I'll do my best to work with SFers to ship some orders abroad. Using a proxy/friend is also a good option, as are services like Bongo or Bundlebox in the interim.

IS isn't far from the mark :)

The answer could be very long but let's just say that I have been contemplating this idea for a while and a confluence of events led me to explore further (plan it out) and eventually just jump in.

Despite living in NYC, my busy life led me to shop a lot online actually. And while I think there are a lot of great menswear stores online for more casual stuff, sportswear or streetwear - some actually really inspirational - I always thought that the online offering for great classic menswear products was pretty poor. I had dreamed of a shop where great products from all over would be available in the US, easy to order, easy to return or exchange if any issues.

I also wanted to start from a blank page, only pick things I like and felt where honest products, only work with people I wanted to work with. I want to avoid inflation of brands (I'm not pointing the finger but if there's 250 brands when you click on "Designers", there isn't much of a point of view left...) and I also have no interest in only catering to a small group of very wealthy people - so the result is No Man Walks Alone, a place where we'll offer enough interesting products from a variety of makers to keep things interesting; but not so much that it feels like stepping into an online department store.

I have been working on the project since Thanksgiving and full time since New Year. Some great and talented people joined the team since then.

It will obviously evolve a lot over time and I hope you guys and our customers will help make it evolve : tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong, suggest some ideas, some makers you'd want to see us carry, help us pick styles or fabrics from time to time... I have high ambitions for the store - not to make it the bigger menswear site out there, it isn't about size, but to try and make it one of the very best.

Bravo, it's great you can follow through given your daily work

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads