• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And the models often strike me as having unusual dimensions. Tall and skinny and wearing some oddly small size. I'm fine with the way NMWA presents its goods. I think they post high quality photos and I have developed confidence in their choices.

Maybe so...Does Dylan have unusual dimensions? If so then so do I....

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What beautiful gear NMWA has...
I am surprised they don't have someone modeling their wares with their dimensions noted to get a better idea of fit.
We've thought about it of course and it may still happen, maybe not systematically, but maybe for suits, jackets, coats... The problem is that we're a very small operation and we have to make decisions on allocation of time and resources. I've seen enough styled "model" shots on smaller websites that made me want to gouge my eyes out, that I've come to the realization that the downside is tremendous because a bad shot/fit makes it entirely impossible to then focus on the item and its intrinsic qualities. We want our photographs to convey all the aspects of a garment, including texture & details, that one may notice when looking at it IRL. Something we succeed at this, other times we fail.

It takes a tremendous amount of time (and money) to photograph all the products, especially since they all arrive within the same 4-5 weeks in any given season. Adding the time and stress of systematic styled model shots and we'd put the merchandise online way too late. Spending more money on photography and taking time away from other things would also mean more cost into the product and we'd need to price them higher to be profitable.

We like to see our stuff worn by our customers and we encourage them to post in the Gallery section of the site. Hopefully, that gives some good ideas to our readers and a sense of the fit

Last edited:

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

We've thought about it of course and it may still happen, maybe not systematically, but maybe for suits, jackets, coats...   The problem is that we're a very small operation and I've seen enough styled "model" shots on smaller websites that made me want to gauge my eyes out, that I've come to the realization that the downside is tremendous because a bad shot/fit makes entirely impossible to then focus on the item and its intrinsic qualities.   We want our photograph to convey all the aspects of a garment, including texture & details, that one may notice when looking at it IRL.  Something we succeed at this, other times we fail. 

It takes a tremendous amount of time to photograph all the products, especially since they all arrive withing the same 4-5 weeks in any given season.  Adding the time and stress of systematic styled model shots and we'd put the merchandise online way too late.

We like to see our stuff worn by our customers and we encourage them to post in the Gallery section of the site.  Hopefully, that gives some good ideas to our readers and a sense of the fit

I'll be standing by for the call, Greg. I'm cheap, hardworking, and deeeead sexy!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
gdl, what pants are those?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
thank god no single breast camel casentino

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've thought about it of course and it may still happen, maybe not systematically, but maybe for suits, jackets, coats... The problem is that we're a very small operation and we have to make decisions on allocation of time and resources. I've seen enough styled "model" shots on smaller websites that made me want to gouge my eyes out, that I've come to the realization that the downside is tremendous because a bad shot/fit makes it entirely impossible to then focus on the item and its intrinsic qualities. We want our photographs to convey all the aspects of a garment, including texture & details, that one may notice when looking at it IRL. Something we succeed at this, other times we fail.

It takes a tremendous amount of time (and money) to photograph all the products, especially since they all arrive within the same 4-5 weeks in any given season. Adding the time and stress of systematic styled model shots and we'd put the merchandise online way too late. Spending more money on photography and taking time away from other things would also mean more cost into the product and we'd need to price them higher to be profitable.

We like to see our stuff worn by our customers and we encourage them to post in the Gallery section of the site. Hopefully, that gives some good ideas to our readers and a sense of the fit

I definitely understand. NMWA has way more items than Epaulet. Would probably take y'all forever...I was just thinking of ways to limit returns/exchanges....
Thanks for replying....

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Maybe so...Does Dylan have unusual dimensions? If so then so do I....

I've certainly seen some puzzling model fits, ones that don't do much to sell me the item. Everyone here just needs to post more fit picks.
1f609.png

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
There are a couple ways of limiting those if you're interested, one way would be checking measurements against what you have and secondly asking the pros on here for sizing advice. I'd rather go that route and keep the prices down.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How tall are you? It looks like they run a little long (good for me), unless you guys are all short. A few more days until mine arrives and can see how M fits me.
hi Z. Yes I am vertically challenged at 5-6. Unfortunately this is on its way back. What a great piece if I was only taller....:facepalm: I hope they will consider an xs for next year.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a couple ways of limiting those if you're interested, one way would be checking measurements against what you have and secondly asking the pros on here for sizing advice. I'd rather go that route and keep the prices down.

Thank you and I agree..I just feel like I might be imposing when I ask questions...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We like to answer customer questions!

Especially Kyle

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
that goddamn niche fishtail is still in stock and I am pretty sure it won't fit me but I want it to so badly.

Also, the navy casentino = wow.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It takes a lot to intimidate Greg and Kyle tbh

Ha! I meant it feels like an imposition....

Is it wrong to want to buy winterwear when I live in 85 degree Florida?

The LBM overcoats are freaking gorgeous...

I've kept my dads long wool Beau Brummel Forest Hills,New York overcoat from around 1960 and I wear it around the house sometimes...It's pretty heavy...A double breasted wool camel coat to my knees...I need to take the torso in around10"!... Oy....

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads