• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
once more in schneider.....

nysena4y.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I think I would have personally stuck with the dark theme for footwear...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MADE-TO-ORDER S/S 2014

You asked for it... we did it. We selected a number of swatches from the full deck of S/S 14 MTO fabrics and we set them up on the site so you can take a look and pick what you like there :
https://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/rota-made-to-order-trousers.html

Please note that all the swatches are exactly the same size/scale : 8x8 cm - so that should help you understand the texture/weave based on the magnified photo.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

but what belt did you get for it, fok?

Funny that you ask, but... a new Dries van Noten sand suede d-ring belt. The opposing side is black and super long, so when worn, it looks like one side is sand, the other, black, firing with the high contrast prints of the collection. Of course, I wear everything with jeans, so it all ends up looking all a bit skater Western. Think Justified, if Boyd Crowder lead a group of marauding skaters rather than a white trash gang. I even have a lot of shawl collar jackets.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How does chambray compare to linen? Suitable in hot weather (e.g., high 80s, low 90s)?

Chambray refers to a lightweight material witha colored warp and white or ecru weft, rather than material composition, but it is typically summer suitable.

Incidentally, there is also winter weight linen.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Looks great.  I think I would have personally stuck with the dark theme for footwear... 

thanks, g. footwear color here seems to be eliciting a love/hate reaction across the forum. i like it, i think it makes sense, jarring as it is. a good number of SWD folk agree, and im sticking with it.

Funny that you ask, but... a new Dries van Noten sand suede d-ring belt. The opposing side is black and super long, so when worn, it looks like one side is sand, the other, black, firing with the high contrast prints of the collection. Of course, I wear everything with jeans, so it all ends up looking all a bit skater Western. Think Justified, if Boyd Crowder lead a group of marauding skaters rather than a white trash gang. I even have a lot of shawl collar jackets.

Paging @in stitches

lol. they are nice, but i got the pair i wanted. im set for rotas for the time being.

Maverick972

Reaction score
Chambray refers to a lightweight material witha colored warp and white or ecru weft, rather than material composition, but it is typically summer suitable.

Incidentally, there is also winter weight linen.

Thanks for your help, Fok!

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
USPS is 'amazing'
smile.gif
(this is en route to Australia):

DATE & TIME

STATUS OF ITEM

Arrived at Sort Facility​

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
April 2, 2014 , 11:38 am

Processed Through Sort Facility​

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
April 1, 2014 , 10:31 pm

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility​

BETHPAGE, NY 11714
April 1, 2014 , 9:16 pm

Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility​

NEW YORK, NY 10018
March 19, 2014

Electronic Shipping Info Received​

Last edited:

Yowzer

Reaction score
Took a while huh? Hope it's arrived by now but I've never had much luck with quick deliveries using USPS to Oz..

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, it was still in NY yesterday according to the table. I'm sure it will get here sometime next week - at least I know it's on the way. Up till yesterday (2 April), the Track and Trace page only showed this:

March 19, 2014

Electronic Shipping Info Received​

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt