• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

jaaz16

Reaction score
Agreed. I think it may have been @MeatFish who said on IG that it's reminiscent of the molded Ikiji polo's and I agree with that. It really holds shape well and just cuts a super interesting/flattering silhouette. The back-only ribbing is great too - don't know if I've ever seen that before. If the other two colors weren't sold out in my size, I'd get a second.
How’d you size compared to your most common letter size? I’m typically a medium and have a couple long sleeve Doppiaa sweaters in 50 and was wondering if I should go the same size here.

Trayco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ludwin inspired me
DopiAA DB, Niche tee and Castañer loafs
IMG_1961.jpeg

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who’ve sent stuff to the tradeup program recently, did LuxeSwap credit your shipping costs?

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who’ve sent stuff to the tradeup program recently, did LuxeSwap credit your shipping costs?
The shipping costs get credited around the same time as the credit for the consigned items so it takes a while.

ReedCA

Reaction score
I have a doppiaa AAdeo terry polo, advice is go up one in the AAttilio terry polo? Virtusize says they’re the same, so just want to make sure. Looks like there’s not a big jump between sizes anyway.

Ddubs

Reaction score
Shot in the dark - does anyone have on body pics of Rota flat fronts and Manhattan's for comparison? I'm trying to decide which I should go for for my tailored pants, mainly in regards to the taper. I'm a shorter, lean guy so sometimes an agressive taper can make me look a bit weird. So I'm leaning towards the Manhattan's, but it's hard to tell the differences without many pics out there.

ReedCA

Reaction score
Shot in the dark - does anyone have on body pics of Rota flat fronts and Manhattan's for comparison? I'm trying to decide which I should go for for my tailored pants, mainly in regards to the taper. I'm a shorter, lean guy so sometimes an agressive taper can make me look a bit weird. So I'm leaning towards the Manhattan's, but it's hard to tell the differences without many pics out there.

This is the higher rise side tab flat front (tailored in the waist and finished cuff) and the manahattan (unaltered). Both size 52.

IMG_8997.jpeg
IMG_8967.jpeg

Ddubs

Reaction score
This is the higher rise side tab flat front (tailored in the waist and finished cuff) and the manahattan (unaltered). Both size 52.

View attachment 2189975
View attachment 2189977
Thank you, this is really helpful and exactly what I was looking for! As a side note, I see you forgo a belt, which is obviously necessitated with the higher rise side tab pair. Would you recommend that for this kind of style? I'm a menswear newbie and am looking to pick up a few pairs for a smart casual office environment, but can't decide between pairs with belt loops or side adjusters. No offence taken if you don't want to respond to that point though.

ReedCA

Reaction score
Thank you, this is really helpful and exactly what I was looking for! As a side note, I see you forgo a belt, which is obviously necessitated with the higher rise side tab pair. Would you recommend that for this kind of style? I'm a menswear newbie and am looking to pick up a few pairs for a smart casual office environment, but can't decide between pairs with belt loops or side adjusters. No offence taken if you don't want to respond to that point though.
No problem. I was traveling at the time of those photos and either didn’t bring a belt or didn’t have one that fit. You certainly could wear a belt with the Manhattans. I’ve been erring on the side of belt loops with more recent purchases.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Belt loops vs side adjusters is just personal preference IMO. Some prefer not having to wear a belt and some feel the beltless look is cleaner. Belted may be a bit more flexible with sizing (ie. you can tighten and loosen your belt). Some also just like to accessorize with belts.
For some makeups though, it only comes in one option.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylajonnes