• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

LeeR

Reaction score
Just practice getting out of your comfort zone. I have huge Pinterest boards with ideas for different seasons to visualize different styles and colors together. After that is the eye test and getting accustomed to wearing them. Before long it becomes somewhat instinctual I bet for the best dressers here. Taking fit pics can also serve as a visual catalog of what has worked well in the past and what needs work. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks!

RajunCajun

Reaction score
Love the trousers & shoes, but that frosty cardigan is what really caught my eye. You have great taste for green. Also, big shout to your bird of paradise plant. I've been admiring it for a while now.

Thanks, bro. BoP plant is really easy to care for. Also, it keeps throwing up new leaves so not sure if it will be able to remain a "house" plant.

MeatFish

Reaction score
Out of the loop on Friday IG drops. Are those no longer live and just posted to the page later?
Yup, broken up into videos per brand so it's a bit easier to find what you're looking for.
Always open to reviews/critique/suggestions on these though! We'd ideally just make content that The People want to see, but this is tough to identify sometimes.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off topic but will be in NY in April. Hoping to visit the NMWA team and a few other favorite shops, but also looking for restaurant/food recommendations or anything else as a must. Have reservations for Aquavit and Atomix so preferably less outrageously priced spots, lol.

Friend

Reaction score
Off topic but will be in NY in April. Hoping to visit the NMWA team and a few other favorite shops, but also looking for restaurant/food recommendations or anything else as a must. Have reservations for Aquavit and Atomix so preferably less outrageously priced spots, lol.

Any neighborhoods in particular you'll be near or want to check out? I have a ton of recs.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kudos on snagging the Atomix reservation. Your fingers are faster than a Supreme bot in 2018

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any neighborhoods in particular you'll be near or want to check out? I have a ton of recs.
Woops, should’ve specified. I’ll be staying in Lower Manhattan but open to check out different neighborhoods. Last time I was in NY i had a fun time getting lost and figuring out the subway so will likely try and hop around.

Kudos on snagging the Atomix reservation. Your fingers are faster than a Supreme bot in 2018
It’s insane how fast they go.. I set an alarm and still barely snagged one. I think I got lucky and grabbed after someone else fell through with confirming.

Friend

Reaction score
Woops, should’ve specified. I’ll be staying in Lower Manhattan but open to check out different neighborhoods. Last time I was in NY i had a fun time getting lost and figuring out the subway so will likely try and hop around.

It’s insane how fast they go.. I set an alarm and still barely snagged one. I think I got lucky and grabbed after someone else fell through with confirming.

Cool! Here are some recs for ya that cover a range of food experiences in that area (and yeah, congrats on the Atomix - that's a sweet catch):

Luthun (East Village) - if I'm gonna recommend one slightly splurgey spot, this punches so above its weight it is crazy. The most memorable dinner I've had in NYC, with a friend who was visiting town. Hyperseasonal tasting menu, crazy flavors and cuisine mix that is not at all 'new American', but still pretty chill and reasonable prices for what it is. Def recommend the chef's table for the full experience (larger menu + it's at the counter to the kitchen which gets more interaction).

Librae Bakery (East Village) - favorite bakery in NYC for me since it opened. Middle Eastern + Danish flavors. There are some bakeries that fall into the category of making pretty things as instagram bait, this is not one of them. The rose pistachio croissant is one standout among many.

Scarr's Pizza (LES) - this is the good stuff for pizza in NYC right now IMO.

Sip & Guzzle (West Village) - very new double bar/restaurant experience from some heavy-hitter founders. May be buzzy, but you should be able to swing a walk-in on a weekday. Upstairs and downstairs have different menus (Sip is upstairs, Guzzle is downstairs iirc). Excellent cocktails, and crazy inventive Japanese elevated bar food (think funnel cake-style mochi fries dipped in nacho powder).

Hard to Explain (East Village) - cozy little hole-in-the-wall specialty sake bar, really nice bartenders and great drinks.

Rowdy Rooster (East Village or Midtown) - insanely good Indian fried chicken sandwiches.

The Hideout Chai Bar (LES) - one guy in a tiny little storefront who makes mindblowing chai from scratch, all day every day.

Aside from restaurants, a recent discovery I've really enjoyed, if you like tea, is Tea Dealers & Ceramics in the LES which has a great selection of specialty Korean/Chinese/Japanese teas and cool ceramic collections. Also nearby is SOS Chefs, which is an if-you-know-you-know spot for buying very high quality spices and other ingredients run by a very sweet family.

Feel free to message me if there's anything else you're interested in or want to find! I collect a lot of recommendations for friends who pass through town.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Highly recommend Fish Cheeks in the east village. It's not far from Librae bakery and on the same street as CHCM if that's a store you are checking out.

Also check out Abraco for coffee and ppl watching. Colbo in the LES is a great new little shop with new brands and some event happening almost every weekend.

I recommend Uncle Lou in Chinatown if you're looking for a classic canto meal.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ooooh May 9th is an open day for me. I'm down for DC dinner, though being right before a trip with Mrs. I may become in trouble if i commission anything. ;)

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not pictured but also worn when actually outside, the camel-colored coat from the same capsule:

IMG_7893.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads