• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

FlowableFill

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey gang - on the chance anyone here can recommend a tailor in austin or maybe houston texas - or a thread here on styfo great for asking this sort of question- worthy of nmwa make tailoring please find me. years running i've always waited for an east coast trip to reconnect with long trusted pros, but need something in my rotation swifter than my next trip on the calendar.
An alterations tailor or bespoke? Gallo nyc makes trips to Houston and Dallas every three to four months. He does good work. I can't help with an alterations tailor in Houston or Austin.

Alocin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Drank a ton of wine and ate a bunch of food at a wedding fair for a future wedding that isn’t mine. Sadly this was taken moments before we were told no smoking.

IMG_3393.jpeg

ucla bruin

Reaction score
Did anyone have to size up on the IM polos? The site suggest taking your normal size but the 20.5” chest for a size M seems like it would need to stretch an unflattering amount over my dad bod.

jaaz16

Reaction score
I went TTS medium in last year's and probably could have gone up 1, though the sleeves would be pretty long. It's trim-ish, but not snug; the 20.5" would normally bother me and my broad shoulders, I think, but there's something about the shoulder construction and arm hole opening that make it work. It's also pretty thick which can be forgiving depending on where your dad bod problem spots are. I've found tucking it in helps it drape much, much better over my stomach (where I can be self conscious). My wife said it is slimming whereas I was worried about clinging the wrong spots, FWIW.

urbancomp is wearing a different design here I think but everything I said above applies. I like this look:

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey gang - on the chance anyone here can recommend a tailor in austin or maybe houston texas - or a thread here on styfo great for asking this sort of question- worthy of nmwa make tailoring please find me. years running i've always waited for an east coast trip to reconnect with long trusted pros, but need something in my rotation swifter than my next trip on the calendar.
Ive had good luck at Nick Lopez tailoring in Houston. Not cheap tho

elsalvatrucha

Reaction score
This might be a stupid question but are these two fits the same

The beige/olive look really baggy in the Ikiji look book but ordered the the line/wool and like the fit

dench127

Reaction score

Can anyone comment on the waist sizing of this? Size L with a 14.8 in waist just seems kinda crazy, even if it has a higher rise

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Hope everyone was able to grab what they had their eye on during that brief sale! I had forgotten how good the Inis Meain linen stuff was until I was reminded of it a few posts ago.

Anyway, we're back to our regularly scheduled programming now and there are a LOT of goodies to catch up on that will be dropping this week.

I'll start off with quoting my Sublime post below as that will finally be dropping this week:

Why not start this week with one of the all-time greats.

View attachment 1955723

Maybe not as sexy as some other things we've dropped, but over the years plenty of you have embraced the simple joy of a cool-wearing, easy-travelling hat. I can count myself in that, and I've gifted more than a handful of the paper and raffia ones over the years after friends and family have complimented mine. There really is a reason we try to always keep these in stock every spring.

View attachment 1955735 View attachment 1955733

The paper and raffia one above has a more open weave, and the raffia content makes it springier than the 100% paper ones. Roll it up, close it with the drawcord, and toss it in a bag to take with you anywhere you go. If it starts to lose its shape just leave it sitting open an flat on a table overnight - it's really that simple. Love this thing. Oh! and if you don't want the flourish of the red loop in the back it can be tucked inside for something more discreet.

View attachment 1955739 View attachment 1955737 View attachment 1955741

We also brought back the 100% paper ones, both natural color and the navy blue. Also rollable and packable but slightly softer in construction, these have a subtle band woven in with complementary color yarns.

View attachment 1955743
The last restock is one we haven't had in a while but was always fun to wear - 100% paper cap, but fully lined and with size adjustment done through an inner drawstring that loops out the back. The brim on this is a little bit longer which seemed wild when we first dropped it but is now very current. Funny how that works.

View attachment 1955725 View attachment 1955727 View attachment 1955729 View attachment 1955731

Lastly, some caps and buckets in a fabric that makes perfect sense and I'm surprised we don't see more in headwear - coolmax seersucker. We snagged both styles in black and blue.

Everything here made in Japan, of course!

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
I also started covering our final Beams+ drop, which I'll also quote below. To see the full post including images just click the lil arrow that points up in the quoted part and it will take you right to it. But! I have a few more pieces too that shouldn't be missed. I'll get to those next:

Gonna get a head start on this week's drop preview with BEAMS+

It's a proper summer drop full of short sleeves and a killer pair of shorts, with the great patterns and idiosyncrasies that we love from this brand that just knows how to remix trad.

View attachment 1959049

I'll start with the one pair of shorts before I get into the shirts. It's their Beach Shorts AKA baggies in a 100% silk with a killer batik print. View attachment 1959065

We've got the green colorway instead but I wanted to show the lookbook for fit details. Styling is spot on, too but I can see wearing these with espadrilles, huaraches, or slip on sneakers, too.

View attachment 1959081

In the same 100% silk we also did an open collar shirt. Double-flap pockets feels like an inspired choice for this material, as it gives another dimension for it to shine.

View attachment 1959051

Adventure shirt two ways. Based on cruiser jackets from the 30s and 40s, just turned into a shirt, this is a signature item from BEAMS+ and they always do it in some great fabrics. The first one above is a 100% cotton ikat (or kasuri if you prefer the Japanese name for the technique) made in India. You've probably noticed the pockets but it's also worth mentioning the upper yoke is vented with mesh backing and everything. For the same reasons we love a good guayabera as a summer shacket, we love this adventure shirt.

View attachment 1959061

The lower left pocket also has a smaller one inset, perfect for keeping something like headphones separated.

View attachment 1959053 View attachment 1959055

We also grabbed this 100% poly one, with the fabric coming from a Japanese technical fabric maker, known for performance as well as the fidelity of that incredible print. Really, the colors shouldn't look this good:

View attachment 1959063

View attachment 1959057

Next up is two BD collar popovers, leaning into those trad influences.

View attachment 1959071 View attachment 1959069

The first is an indigo stripe seersucker, and I really like the styling above although I'd personally drop another button. But really, just toss this on with any solid shorts or easy pants and you're all set. (And how about that An Irrational Element cream color bucket hat :) )

View attachment 1959067

The second is this Indian madras in an inspired colorway. This is where their taste level really shines, using a color combo that sounds off on paper but comes together beautifully when the right hues are used. Nice and lightweight, classic in cut. Embrace the Ivy! Or just remix it for yourself.

View attachment 1959077 View attachment 1959075 View attachment 1959079

The last two shirts are hand-block-printed Indian cotton, again in that open collar two flap pocket style. Just really solid summer shirts, on their own or open over a tee. The dyes used are all plant or mineral derived, so these will age nicely with all of the wears and washes you should be giving them this summer.

View attachment 1959095 View attachment 1959073

Lastly, a nice summer stole in that ikat cotton. Greg has an old ikat scarf from even before the store opened that seems to have been a solid companion through all sorts of styles and fits and locales. I can see how this one would be just as nice to own.

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
Two more open collar shirts from Beams+, both in a lightweight 100% linen chambray perfect for the hottest days. I appreciate how good these look both worn on their own buttoned up, but also open. Not all camp shirts can do double-duty that well!

Beam Plus SS23 - 16.jpg Beam Plus SS23 - 17.jpg Beams_Plus_Japan_Open_Collar_Short_Sleeve_Camp_Shirt_Natural_Color_Linen_Chambray (6).jpg

The first is this natural color one, and you can sort of see the slub and heathering in the fibers on that one.

Beam Plus SS23 - 18.jpg Beam Plus SS23 - 19.jpg Beams_Plus_Japan_Open_Collar_Short_Sleeve_Camp_Shirt_Pale_Yellow_Linen_Chambray (3).jpg

We also grabbed the yellow version, where you can really see the heathering even more in the way the fibers took to the dye. Lovely stuff!

Beam Plus SS23 - 20.jpg Beams_Plus_Japan_Bush_Shorts_Rust_Orange_Stretch_Ripstop_Nylon (1).jpg
Bush shorts are here, and the rust is such a good color for the summer - it makes just about anything you can throw at it really pop. These are a lightweight stretch ripstop so are as comfortable as you imagine.

Beams_Plus_Japan_Gurkha_Shorts_Heavy_Olive_Green_Canvas (3).jpg
On the heavy side, but still cool wearing are some really unique gurkha shorts. You already know the shape is on point, but the fabric on these is a Japanase one that is cotton and jute canvas. Cotton for the warp, jute for the weft gives them a really nice slubby appearance but cool feel due do the natural breathability and moisture wicking properties of the fiber.

conceptual 4est

Reaction score
I'm just going to string together some words and you tell me if you think they're just a dream sequence or something real:

A louche, breezy shirt in striped organic Italian cotton voile

Fortunately they're real and we have two CUTTS from LEJ - two colorways of the aforementioned voile

LEJ SS23 - 8.jpg LEJ SS23 - 9.jpg

LEJ_London_Come_Up_To_The_Studio_Shirt_in_green_lilac_white_striped_Italian_Cotton_voile (2).jpg

White, mint and lilac stripe is just *chefs kiss* but how could we not also get the coral stripe alongside it. This is just peak LEJ, no?

LEJ_London_Come_Up_To_The_Studio_Shirt_in_coral_Multistriped_Italian_Cotton_voile (10).jpg

LEJ SS23 - 4.jpg LEJ SS23 - 7.jpg

The Shell Collector returns as well, in a lightweight charcoal linen also from Italy. You know how those Italian linens are - breezy and with the perfect crumple and ease to them. Fits nicely into the LEJ universe but at the end of the day it's also just a really nice linen chore coat, ready for all sorts of styles:

LEJ_London_Shell_Collector_Jacket_Shacket_Chore_Coat_Charcoal_Linen_Plain_Weave (8).jpg LEJ_London_Shell_Collector_Jacket_Shacket_Chore_Coat_Charcoal_Linen_Plain_Weave (3).jpg

One more pair from Paraboot also snuck in - this time the raffia Michael in black:

20230511300.jpg

These feel like a really natural addition and one of the real charms of black raffia (that we also see in our El Karti slippers) is the way it takes dye unevenly, adding a lot of depth and showing off that this is a very natural material.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads