• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went with the navy 40. Sweden is slowly moving into the part of the year that feels like eternal night, so dark colors work best. Feels really good, I’ve wanted this coat years. I’ve tried to find other, similar coats but none has been quite right. Also feels great to support NoMan, which has inspired me and showcased so many great brands for so many years. Really happy about the EU store opening.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went with the navy 40. Sweden is slowly moving into the part of the year that feels like eternal night, so dark colors work best. Feels really good, I’ve wanted this coat years. I’ve tried to find other, similar coats but none has been quite right. Also feels great to support NoMan, which has inspired me and showcased so many great brands for so many years. Really happy about the EU store opening.
Thank you ! Hope you like it :)

tell your friends 😉

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PSA: we got a deluge of boxes on Friday, including a number of "In Good Nature" styles (all stoffa, several Carrara) and most Valstar styles. We're sorting everything out so you should expect to receive preorder balance emails in the next 24 hours.

🥳

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charlie and the Talarico Brolly

67AA8E01-9D12-4146-9B37-8FA467B2CF1B.jpeg

blacksamurai30

Reaction score
How does the thickness of this seasons Kaptain sunshine traveller compare to that of the previous seasons? I have a 10 year old Billy Reid Bond pea coat that is in kind of a stiffer wool and I’m hoping to replace it with something as structured but more voluminous.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Impossible to answer as every year is a different fabric so hard to know which you’re comparing to.

This year is neither the heaviest or lightest of meltons used by KS. It’s probably the most luxe feeling one.

Definitely not as heavy or stiff as traditional peacoat melton, so I wouldn’t get a Traveler for the same use.

smrad

Reaction score
I have the Navy one - and the thickness is just right. Agree with Greg - somehow feels very premium.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greg - Would you be getting any "Clint" Valstar this season?
Nope. We skipped Clint this year. We had plenty left last winter so we felt everyone who wanted one got one at this point.

if there’s interest in a year or two, we can try and bring it back

garigo

Reaction score
Nope. We skipped Clint this year. We had plenty left last winter so we felt everyone who wanted one got one at this point.

Would definitely be interested in a return of the Clint!

smrad

Reaction score

Thanks for the quick response.

On a sizing note - if one wear the lined Valstarino size 50, what would be the right sizing for Clint?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweedy bag