• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are folks who seem to be normally L taking in L in Naissance when advice is to Japanese size up to XL? Asking because I’m same size and don’t have good luck with pre orders.

I normally wear an L in Naissance, Greg apparently fit in an XL, the sleeve length in the XL seems massive (nearly 37”)? I’ll be the first to admit, I’m vacillating between L and XL. Kyle wearing a M is making the decision difficult for me.

Will the brown be stocked by NMWA?

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
Apologies if this has been answered already, but when does the presale end?

End of the week, so I can get them over to Naissance quickly.

I'll grab my jacket and measure it in a few, just to see how it compares to what we have. I think I saw @kjb post that his size L checks out

hanbei23

Reaction score
I normally wear an L in Naissance, Greg apparently fit in an XL, the sleeve length in the XL seems massive (nearly 37”)? I’ll be the first to admit, I’m vacillating between L and XL. Kyle wearing a M is making the decision difficult for me.

Will the brown be stocked by NMWA?

Same. The chest size in XL seems correct for my size, especially if I want to layer. The sleeve measurement looks massive but that could also be part of the shoulder measurement throwing it off...?

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of JG ... is that currently looking off menu for incoming stock or another round of future fw preorders?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same. The chest size in XL seems correct for my size, especially if I want to layer. The sleeve measurement looks massive but that could also be part of the shoulder measurement throwing it off...?
I'm confused by these posts calling a 37" raglan measurement massive here. It's consistent or within 1/2" of sleeve length for other outerwear we carry (Leder in XL, ts(s) in 4/5, Inglese sahariana, etc....).

And it has an inner ribbed cuff too.

I don't remember sleeve length ever being an issue for that jacket - do you @conceptual 4est or @kjb ?

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
speaking of JG ... is that currently looking off menu for incoming stock or another round of future fw preorders?
No JG for us for FW20. Future seasons, we don't know yet

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How feasible will it be to shorten the sleeves on the Naissance Grizzly? Can the sleeves be shortened from the cuff?
That sounds like a lot of work to me. I wouldn't do it. The jacket has double cuffs with an inner ribbed cuff and an outer buttoned tab cuff

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll grab my jacket and measure it in a few, just to see how it compares to what we have. I think I saw @kjb post that his size L checks out

Measurements on your M would be incredibly helpful!

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes, chest and back length measurements on my jacket match was was seen in Virtusize for the L.

I'm confused by these posts calling a 37" raglan measurement massive here. It's consistent or within 1/2" of sleeve length for other outerwear we carry (Leder in XL, ts(s) in 4/5, Inglese sahariana, etc....).

And it has an inner ribbed cuff too.

I don't remember sleeve length ever being an issue for that jacket - do you @conceptual 4est or @kjb ?

No, sleeve length is not an issue for me. i wear a 34" dress shirt. and the inner ribbed cuff generally helps keep the sleeve hitting right at your wrist.

Here are some not great pics but can hopefully help with fit.

36A5F83C-30C8-4A91-BA3C-58EA90D84DD4.jpeg
D0C4ED6C-A5C8-44DD-A558-F3D762D86189.jpeg
0A9AA683-E649-4105-8182-ED664F5064CD.jpeg

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is your chest size @kjb ? And do you know your general shoulder size?

I apologize for the 10 trillion qs.

kjb

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is your chest size @kjb ? And do you know your general shoulder size?

I apologize for the 10 trillion qs.

i'm a bit broad chested, so i'm about a 41", shoulders are probably 17.5" based on shirts that fit me well.

tailoredtech

Reaction score
Was doing some wine tastings up in Sonoma County, CA for 4th of July. Very impressed with all the safety precautions they're taking. Masks at all times, constantly disinfecting, and keeping everyone more than 6ft apart. Also helps that it's hot and they can keep it outdoor only.
IMG_0036.JPG

SdC pants and Chamula huaraches.

IMG_0119.JPG

Monitaly linen pants and again Chamulas. Can't get enough of these huaraches for summertime.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads