• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

YseanY

Reaction score

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ imo, whichever jacket you like the most, i wear my brown jacket with black shoes, fwiw!

Thanks for the advice.

@tonio028 Also wouldn’t worry too much about shoe color with the jacket. Black horse is really classic for a double rider I’d think. Can say the tan suede is really nice. 40 sounds likely. I have 52 in Eidos and 42 in James Grose.

Going through the closet the other day, forgot I have a black leather band collar jacket so decided to follow in your footsteps and go tan suede. Hoping the 40 works out.

Do you look like a young Marlon Brando? If so, go for black leather. If not, go for tan suede.

No, more like a middle aged Springsteen, so I opted for tan suede :smarmy:

tan suede is dope, go for it my man

I went for it, tan suede. Besides @FrankCowperwood , @willy cheesesteak , and @conceptual 4est fits way back in the thread, this other one I came across from Loftman sealed the deal (combined with the fact that I remembered I have a vintage black leather in the closet already):

1458611187-feature-ema-2016-03-leather-3-10.jpg

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Escaped the sale (for now anyway) with minimal damage... picked up 2 pocket squares (Drake's & Christian Kimber).

Don't sleep on the CK pocket squares, already own the 'Melbourne' otherwise I would have picked that one up too
+1. I would vote for a restock of the Duomo and Torquay (linen) ones. Duomo is the only one I don't have, and I want a second Torquay to frame and hang.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Eidos Grey/Blue suit is fantastic. Really, really happy with this one. I'll try to snap a picture tomorrow.

If you are looking for a great shade for a flannel suit, step on up. It is more conservative in person in my opinion.

Greg was correct, with a black tie and a white shirt, will look ace.

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made my order. Buttero, Bigi, Fujito, GRP, Naissance. I love me some NMWA.

Buttero: Black Canalone. It is exactly as shown and described on the site and yet it is somehow better in person. I took my normal Buttero size (one down from Vass, same as CP) and they fit well, though possibly slightly roomier.

Bigi: Rust Panama silk tie. There is more depth of color than expected. It has a bit of a color shift when viewed from an angle. This gives it a bit of an iridescent look. Surprising, but not bad.

Fujito: Border stripe sweater. I like it a lot. It has quickly found a home under my Niche shirt jackets, particularly the heavier weight army green one.

Black GRP and ivory Naissance hats: Chicago is cold and my hat army needed more strength. I already had a blue GRP and gray Naissance hat, so I knew what I was getting. These are great winter hats.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads