• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

greg/kyle,

did you guys order minotaur wrinkles shirt jackets this season? i missed out last year on that sage green and have regretted it ever since

It's really nice :)

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with the Eidos Ghurka shorts feeling they are sized on the smaller side? I ordered a 34, which is what I wear in all Eidos trousers, and I can't even get the shorts close to buttoning or getting the side straps in. And this is me pulling them up to (and even over) my natural waist. They feel like 32s, if that. Is this a case I should have sized up?

Last edited:

charliechan

Reaction score
Anyone with the Eidos Ghurka shorts feeling they are sized on the smaller side? I ordered a 34, which is what I wear in all Eidos trousers, and I can't even get the shorts close to buttoning or getting the side straps in. And this is me pulling them up to (and even over) my natural waist. They feel like 32s, if that. Is this a case I should have sized up?

Ah man, that's not good news... I will report back in a few days :(

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mine arrive tomorrow and will report back.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Hate on pleats is far more groupthink than hate on polos ever was.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that BBJ Haori cardigan disappeared quickly after it came back in stock. Can't say that I'm too surprised, though.

But that's okay: I picked up something else from the shop a little while ago.
smile.gif

Last edited:

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hate on pleats is far more groupthink than hate on polos ever was.

not for me. just grew up seeing bad pleats everywhere. and they always looked bad on me—never fit right, always gaping, never hanging well, always badly cut. but then again, this is my first pair from a "respectable" maker. who knows, maybe all those mens wearhouse suits i wore through my teen years and early 20s aren't as bad as i remember.

nah.

Slim pleat pants looks pretty good, just not a lot brand make them

yes, and i personally do not like reverse pleats. forward pleats only for me, which are even rarer in the OTR world.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, one cheap experiment is to buy the Polo Ralph Lauren Dalton off eBay and slim down the leg. They're the old corneliani good stuff. One of my old Polo II suits was with pleats and decide to slim down instead convert, looks pretty good in the end.

Waterboy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've acquired 3 ROTA lightweight(?) trousers this month and have to say that they fit like bawwws without any alterations needed, except ham.
Superb quality trousers.
#ROTASHOUTOUT

chickenfark

Reaction score
Dang, got back from a vacation and the two shirts I wanted are gone nooooooo. Banana PF and band collar seersucker camoshita :( Actually saw the banana in a store while I was on vacation, super fun shirt.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, one cheap experiment is to buy the Polo Ralph Lauren Dalton off eBay and slim down the leg. They're the old corneliani good stuff. One of my old Polo II suits was with pleats and decide to slim down instead convert, looks pretty good in the end.

hmmm

i've got a pair of navy pleated Polo suit trousers that were included with a Corneliani-made jacket as a suit from eBay several years ago. The fabrics did not match, lol, so I got a partial refund but they didn't want the pants back. I'll give them a look, though what'm I going to do with orphaned navy suit pants? lol. sold the Polo jacket a couple years ago.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcoPolos