• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

malat

Reaction score

So what good stuff are you guys grabbing at those prices?

In addition to the greatest shoe ever made Vass Norweger I posted yesterday, a few sale grabs. Bigi, Calabrese, and much slept on Esemplare (reverse crewneck).

Last edited:

malat

Reaction score
My experience with the reverse crew neck is that it runs very small. Consider going up 2 sizes in that one...

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Cheers to that! :cheers: Damn fine comfy boots… I love them.

Itsuo

Reaction score
Great end of season sale again @Gdl203!

I committed to a shirt from Portuges Flannel that looks beautiful and I hope will last me a long time. I don't have a need for very many casual pieces so I usually get away with one warmer or flanneld shirt for the season. I've had my past piece for what seems like 5 yrs. I can now safely retire it. I choose not to take the advice to size up on this because I don't like any hint of a baggy fitting. It worked out fine but it is certainly a stylishly close fit!

This tie is also meant to replace two casual woolen ties I have. I'm usually the type of person that finds a brand I really like and then just sticks with them for a long time. That has meant I usually buy ties from Drakes. However I have read some flattering things about Tie Your Tie, so I was excited to have the opportunity to take a chance on this brand at a reduced price. It's an extremely luxurious tie and I think I will seriously have to consider picking up more of them for every day use in the future. I look forward to see what kind of silk offerings you will have from them in the future.

As far as next season, I would really like to continue seeing a good collection of classic coats. Camoshita's Balcaman was beautiful as well as the offers from Edios. Some may say it's not as important to get exact fit for outerwear but an MTO would also be exciting!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried a half size down and a full size and the full size and sent both of them back. The full size down was definitely too small and even the half was pretty tight to the point where it was uncomfortable. I would have gone TTS but they were out of stock by that point. I think zissou has a pair so you might ask him as well.
Useful information. Thank you.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also, it appears EG is right up your guy's alley, ever thought about adding them to the lineup?

This would make me quite happy.

---

Awesome sale pick ups, guys. Im super jelly.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am new to the forum so I hope my questions don't seem like a waste of time.

Does the length measurement for the NMWA suit jackets start from the collar? I was just about to purchase a Formosa but the posts about R vs S stopped me in my tracks. I am 5'4" and usually wear 36(US) short. I know fit depends on a lot of other factors but does anyone think a 36R might fit me? The answer seems like it would obviously be a NO but with the differences in European size definitions I thought I would ask.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe its from bottom of collar. But there is a video on the site that shows how they take all their measurements, have a look see to confirm. :)

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I am new to the forum so I hope my questions don't seem like a waste of time.

Does the length measurement for the NMWA suit jackets start from the collar? I was just about to purchase a Formosa but the posts about R vs S stopped me in my tracks. I am 5'4" and usually wear 36(US) short. I know fit depends on a lot of other factors but does anyone think a 36R might fit me? The answer seems like it would obviously be a NO but with the differences in European size definitions I thought I would ask.

Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome. Bottom of collar. They have videos that show how they measure that are very helpful. Compare them with something that fits you well and you should know if it's good for you or not.

EDIT: sometimes I think Stitchy is in my mind...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads