• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
None really...once I saw the leffott video on Nano i was hooked. Never did a head to head. I have boots treated with Nano at least 6 times over the last 2 years and they still look great and suede is still soft.

AE may be just as good however I had not used as long as Nano

Any reason why you prefer Nano over AE?

AE works the same. I posted a crappy video where I ran my suede under the faucet in the kitchen. Sorry I don't have a link to the video, but its on here or youtube, somewhere.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

AE works the same.  I posted a crappy video where I ran my suede under the faucet in the kitchen.  Sorry I don't have a link to the video, but its on here or youtube, somewhere.

Yea, I've been using AE for years and have been happy with it. As I understand it, there's some controversy about whether silicone sprays are bad for leather, but all non-silicone waterproofers I've seen work the same.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, I've been using AE for years and have been happy with it. As I understand it, there's some controversy about whether silicone sprays are bad for leather, but all non-silicone waterproofers I've seen work the same.

Found the video, like I said its pretty crappy, but its the best I could do at the time with a hand-held iPhone 4.

I almost certain the AE spray does not contain silicone. The Nano spray works just fine too, but you're probably paying more than the AE spray, for pseudoscience marketing. There is nothing truly "nano" about it. IMO use whichever you can easily obtain for the lowest cost, unless one makes you feel better.

wms68

Reaction score
Brown Waxed Flesh / 110 after a year.
Does anyone have similar pics of Natural Waxed Flesh?

I have the Natural CXL Roughout Boondocker and Natural CXL cap toes on 2030 but would like another pair of WF, soninterested to see how they look, or do I just wax my boondockers?

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brown Waxed Flesh / 110 after a year.
Does anyone have similar pics of Natural Waxed Flesh?

I have the Natural CXL Roughout Boondocker and Natural CXL cap toes on 2030 but would like another pair of WF, soninterested to see how they look, or do I just wax my boondockers?

I'll have some in about a month or so!

Are your brown waxed from last years GMTO?

wms68

Reaction score

I'll have some in about a month or so!

Are your brown waxed from last years GMTO?

Thank you, I will keep an eye out, are they the RMccoys or Notre make up?

Mine are from Notre so similar to the GMTO but different eyelets and no pull tab.

I am keen to get another pair with a commando sole as i just dont wear the ones i have with dainite or leather soles, i prefer vibram or a commando make ups especially on a 110 last.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I will keep an eye out, are they the RMccoys or Notre make up?

Mine are from Notre so similar to the GMTO but different eyelets and no pull tab.

I am keen to get another pair with a commando sole as i just dont wear the ones i have with dainite or leather soles, i prefer vibram or a commando make ups especially on a 110 last.

I was referring to the recent SF GMTO. There was a Natty Waxed Service boot(The Raneleigh designed SCSB) on the 110 on Vibram half sole, leather slip and Vibram heel.

Were you aware of that GMTO?

BuffaloWang

Reaction score
Just got a pair of service boots in natural bison are you guys using oils or anything on your boots? Would like to beat these up over the years and soften them up, but in the past I never really gave a **** about my boots [Red Wings].

I'm also in Cincinnati now, so salt/snow is a thing. Obenaufs?

sask boot

Reaction score

Before and after. Fok? Anyone? Thoughts? I liked the mini ripple but I prefer a heavier sole and I'm ancient (over 40) so I feel a leather sole is a better match for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads