• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL STYLEFORUM SECRET SANTA 2019

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that you must have to try hard to fail this much. It’s difficult to believe that this much fail can happen naturally............SAID NO ONE EVER!

Fixed.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other than my SS and who has claimed responsibility I haven't paid attention to who is taking part. I mean, come on. You don't think I really care about the minutiae of Style Forvmites do you? Other than @Neo_Version 7 @Numbernine @SixOhNine @beargonefishing @Van Veen @Ataturk @foodguy @lakewolf @munchausen @Bhowie @whiteslashasian @Mr. Moo @Kaplan @lefty @SpooPoker @Matt @tokyoSlim @impolyt_one @iamatlas @nerdykarim @MrG @Tally @FloridaMountainMan @MetroSyles @Thomas @Prada_Ferragamo @iammatt @Piobaire and like maybe four or five dozen others I really don't care about SFers/follow them.
It's excellent that you managed only to insult other members not mentioned here. I hope that you are putting that umbrella to good use trying to stave off the shitstorm that is your life.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey @edinatlanta ................... it was LAGUY the whole time. The Call was coming from inside the house......

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I received a FedEx package today with a tie in it from sartoriale with no now, no receipt, nothing. So I am assuming it was one of you lot??

Thank you!

I am guessing it is Edina because I think he enjoyed it when people wear schoolgirl plaid :)
IMG_20191220_145452_01.jpg

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Other than my SS and who has claimed responsibility I haven't paid attention to who is taking part. I mean, come on. You don't think I really care about the minutiae of Style Forvmites do you? Other than @Neo_Version 7 @Numbernine @SixOhNine @beargonefishing @Van Veen @Ataturk @foodguy @lakewolf @munchausen @Bhowie @whiteslashasian @Mr. Moo @Kaplan @lefty @SpooPoker @Matt @tokyoSlim @impolyt_one @iamatlas @nerdykarim @MrG @Tally @FloridaMountainMan @MetroSyles @Thomas @Prada_Ferragamo @iammatt @Piobaire and like maybe four or five dozen others I really don't care about SFers/follow them.
Hi Ed.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, There is going to be some Goddamn shaming if more pictures don't start appearing in this thread soon. I assume people have gotten gifts yeah? has everyone mailed? are we all squared away?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My gift arrived a few days ago.
There was a very nice pair of hedgehog socks.
6E4136C4-F3FA-484D-84EE-83622F42BFCF.jpeg

My wife and I shared the sausage.
The pickle — so good I couldn’t stop myself.
Wait a minute.... pickles. Where’s that card? I should have known as soon as I saw the pickles. Thanks Ed!
Honestly, the pickles were amazing!

Attachments

• 298E959B-6D7B-499C-8DDA-B8B68F3C7064.jpeg
    298E959B-6D7B-499C-8DDA-B8B68F3C7064.jpeg
    242.8 KB · Views: 20

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shout out to @mreams99 for a great set of gifts. Here's what was sitting right on top of the box. We're off to a very good start! :rotflmao:

Calendar will be hung prominently in my office to confuse the **** out of my coworkers. Let's continue:

20191227_111234.jpg

Some uber-manly fiction to entertain me through the holidays. A dope zine I know nothing about but am excited to check out, Some artisanal habernero jam (will devour shortly), a really nice piece of wood (I'm assuming it's a big spreader but I'm considering employing it as a respect stick for the children) and last, a hilariously appropriate Buckeyes shirt.

My father got his PhD from Michigan so I've been a lifelong Wolverines fan (and endured plenty of OSU humiliation in recent years.). Seriously epic (though totally unintentional) trolling. Will wear with all of the delicious irony.

Thanks mang!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Did everyone receive their gifts? PM me if you haven’t.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shout out to @mreams99 for a great set of gifts. Here's what was sitting right on top of the box. We're off to a very good start! :rotflmao:

View attachment 1305417

Calendar will be hung prominently in my office to confuse the **** out of my coworkers. Let's continue:

View attachment 1305416

Some uber-manly fiction to entertain me through the holidays. A dope zine I know nothing about but am excited to check out, Some artisanal habernero jam (will devour shortly), a really nice piece of wood (I'm assuming it's a big spreader but I'm considering employing it as a respect stick for the children) and last, a hilariously appropriate Buckeyes shirt.

My father got his PhD from Michigan so I've been a lifelong Wolverines fan (and endured plenty of OSU humiliation in recent years.). Seriously epic (though totally unintentional) trolling. Will wear with all of the delicious irony.

Thanks mang!
You might have noticed a small pin that I attached to the tag of that wooden spoon/spatula/spreader. It’s Noah Orr — the Union County Giant. Here’s some information about him:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A belated big thank you to @dadjeans . this man not only sent me a case of my favorite chocolates as previously posted, but then I get this 100% cashmere Ralph Lauren cableknit blanket sent to me right from RL.com, which matches my green leather Ralph Lauren sofa. And then a week later I get customized Abbeyhorn collar stays (who knew!) AND of course, the icing on the cake...... the pickle ornament. Also a very thoughtful and touching 3 page hand written letter. Very, very nicely done and I am most appreciative! Super sorry for the delay in posting that.
Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 5.07.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 5.08.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 5.08.15 PM.png

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A belated big thank you to @dadjeans . this man not only sent me a case of my favorite chocolates as previously posted, but then I get this 100% cashmere Ralph Lauren cableknit blanket sent to me right from RL.com, which matches my green leather Ralph Lauren sofa. And then a week later I get customized Abbeyhorn collar stays (who knew!) AND of course, the icing on the cake...... the pickle ornament. Also a very thoughtful and touching 3 page hand written letter. Very, very nicely done and I am most appreciative! Super sorry for the delay in posting that.
View attachment 1315687 View attachment 1315688 View attachment 1315689
So glad everything finally got there! You're very welcome! A few extra thoughts:
  • I took great pleasure in writing "Glass pickle" on the customs form.
  • That pickle isn't just any pickle, it's an end-of-the-aisle special from Canadian Tire (imagine if Cabela's and Home Depot had an awkward Canadian baby that also sold auto parts)
  • The collar stays were the first thing I bought. I was originally going for an all-phallic gift theme and took great joy in finding a sartorial item that could be described as a 'personalized bovine boner'.
  • I was super nervous about sharing my erotic haikus in the letter. "Thoughtful and touching" is the best review I've gotten so far!
  • If I cared about an immediate post, I would've sent everything before Christmas! Nothing to be sorry for on your end.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So glad everything finally got there! You're very welcome! A few extra thoughts:
  • I took great pleasure in writing "Glass pickle" on the customs form.
  • That pickle isn't just any pickle, it's an end-of-the-aisle special from Canadian Tire (imagine if Cabela's and Home Depot had an awkward Canadian baby that also sold auto parts)
  • The collar stays were the first thing I bought. I was originally going for an all-phallic gift theme and took great joy in finding a sartorial item that could be described as a 'personalized bovine boner'.
  • I was super nervous about sharing my erotic haikus in the letter. "Thoughtful and touching" is the best review I've gotten so far!
  • If I cared about an immediate post, I would've sent everything before Christmas! Nothing to be sorry for on your end.

You joke, but I was touched. It was a very nice gift which was not short on time, thought, or money and I recognize and appreciate all.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
View attachment 1315687 View attachment 1315688 View attachment 1315689

Just a quick follow up to say thanks again to @dadjeans - who could have thought that when I got this that Id be spending more time on the couch in 2020 than I have in the past 5 years combined. This throw has not left my side (on my lap as I type this) and has proved very useful in the lockdown. Thanks again mang!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads