• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am completely unfamiliar with Common Projects, the general consensus is to size down from what you would wear in sneakers?

Just saw these Cadet Derby at End which I quite like

I recommend you go TTS, or order 2 pairs and return the pair that don't work for you.

gunslikethese

Reaction score
Wait what?? I take a 42 in all achilles and had to size up to 43 on my derby shines
puzzled.gif
They fit maybe a half size long but the 42 crushed my toes and I have a normal width foot. Mine are the navy ones from FW14 btw.

Both my pairs I got in the last year. The burgundy ones I got are size 43, and I still wear them, but they definitely fit bigger than I would like. I have to lace them up pretty tight otherwise they would be way too loose due to the length.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I went same size on all my CP's, including Derbies.
Black derby shine and burgundy derby shine, 44
Geller zipper derby, 44
Geller strap derby, 44

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found the derbies to run TTS. I bought a pair of the cadet derbies (the oxblood ones Maxwelll posted above) last year, but ended up returning them. they were fine and comfortable, but I thought there were better options for the price. I kind of like the all black ones better as a creeper option.

I bought a pair of Dries derbies on sale instead and find them to be better made.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went same size on all my CP's, including Derbies.
Black derby shine and burgundy derby shine, 44
Geller zipper derby, 44
Geller strap derby, 44

I hate asking sizing questions, but do you have the tournament highs? Or have you tried them on? They're the only ones I question whether or not they're too big.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've only tried them on but it was a while ago. I didn't kop because I didn't like how there is basically zero padding. It's just a pair of leather chucks. Iirc they were pretty similar to achilles but felt roomier due to the lack of padding.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys use shoe trees with all your CPs? I do with my leather ones (Achilles lows and mids) but not so much with my suede Chelsea boots.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you guys use shoe trees with all your CPs? I do with my leather ones (Achilles lows and mids) but not so much with my suede Chelsea boots.

I always use shoe trees in all my high end sneaks. It keeps them from creasing really bad which makes them look beat.

Grintricha

Reaction score
I tend to use shoe trees temporarily on all of my shoes so that the moisture is drawn out of them

I'm loving the new CPs on end, have currently narrowed it down to one of

Gummy - dark grey
Gummy - black
black low special edition

i'd really like a taupe, gummy or speical edition slip on - do you think i should hang on for those, or dive in? and if so which one do you prefer of my 3 above?

thanks
Richard

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody seen the winter combat boots around yet? I'm fine paying retaile but I've only seen them at Nomad but their price is
1f4a9.png

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member