1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Common Projects Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by InHocSignio, Jul 20, 2013.

1. MaiLam

MaiLam Well-Known Member

Definitely, they're rather slim

1 person likes this.
  2. ASpec818

ASpec818 Well-Known Member

perfect thanks!

Now on the hunt for some 39 chelsea workboots. Anyone know where I can find the workboots in brown or black in size 39? Been browsing around and seems like only ssense carries the workboot in 39 but it's in beige.

3. gunslikethese

gunslikethese Well-Known Member

Looks like End clothing has them in brown.

4. Jeffrey Hou

Jeffrey Hou Well-Known Member

looking to trade my size 43 sand common project chelseas for a size 42.

5. blue2007

blue2007 Well-Known Member

Got a size 46 today from Ssense but it came with some flaws. Somewhat expected I guess considering the 30% discount. Was probably a return.

Would you keep it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ChronBong

ChronBong Well-Known Member

Send them a picture of it, get an exchange for the same size?

7. blacktoku

blacktoku Active Member

8. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

the crepe sole on those chelseas is probably just a result of some slight sloppiness on the manufacturing end

they're gonna end up looking like that everywhere else after the first wear, anyway, so don't pay it any mind

9. blue2007

I would have, but sold out.

10. blue2007

Gotcha, so no point to stress out. I was mostly worried about the large chip in the sole, but I guess with wear it will even out.

11. sargeinaz

sargeinaz Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if they make fake common projects desert boots? The one that has the same sole as the Achilles. I figure they're not popular enough to warrant making fakes, but figured I'd ask. Thanks in advance.

12. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Well-Known Member

@sargeinaz You probably won't get a definite answer to your question as people here generally don't deal with fakes...that being said, pics may help.

13. sargeinaz

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got them used off eBay. Seller said he wore them once and bought them off End. He had all positive feedback. He gave me a different common projects box cause he said he didn't have the original one. I only ask because the nap of the suede is different in different places of the shoe. Like in the middle by the seam, the left side is a longer/rougher nap and the right side is much shorter/smooher (which is how my old darker brown pair is). So I'm not sure if this is just bad quality control (my old brown pair is like 5 years old) or if it's possible they're fake. They smell like my old pair. Interior looks and feels the same. Guess I'm just paranoid since i don't really buy used shoes.

14. MaiLam

MaiLam Well-Known Member

Yeah they have put out models like that with the margom soles, not a fan but don't think you need to worry about them being fake

15. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Well-Known Member

16. sargeinaz

Appreciate it gentlemen!

17. Brad Pitt

Brad Pitt Member

I received a pair that had even worse defects. The issue probably comes from how they're stored in the box.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  18. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Omg that looks horrible.

1 person likes this.
  19. DP0610

DP0610 New Member

Just picked up a pair of Tan Chelseas from the new season. Looking to match it up with a nice overcoat. The camel color would be my first choice, but the shade would definitely be a darker than the sand color of the boots itself. Would that really matter when pairing the 2 together?

20. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

IMO, I don't think it matters if they 100% match. It'd be too complicated to find one that matches perfectly. I think the fit of the overcoat is more important than it matching with your boots. Also navy overcoats work well with tan Chelsea boots.