• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Getting some white common projects, what are some basic care guidelines?

I've coated all mine with Jason Markk Repel and clean them using Markk, but I think an argument could be made that not treating, not wearing them every day (rotate), and occasionally conditioning with Saphir Renovateur, or maybe Lexol, would do the trick. I'm not 100% certain I did right by using Markk (hyped as it is).

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just wear them. If they get trashed give them a wipe with whatever you want to use but I wouldn't bother with any kind of treatment for them.

mockingboy

Reaction score
Thanks-

Problem is I can't even find anyone even stocking the model I am talking about (like how do I know if they are still making them)?

I am looking for a 43 but can't even find sites that have stocks of white or off white canvas.

Thanks,
Mike

lomaxbernie

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the Yoox newsletter signup code excludes CP's? I've searched for a list of exclusions, but can't find anything. The code doesn't appear to be working (so that's probably my answer right there), but I wanted to exhaust all of my options before making a purchase.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
I've coated all mine with Jason Markk Repel and clean them using Markk, but I think an argument could be made that not treating, not wearing them every day (rotate), and occasionally conditioning with Saphir Renovateur, or maybe Lexol, would do the trick. I'm not 100% certain I did right by using Markk (hyped as it is).
I just returned from a couple weeks' traveling in which I wore off-white CP Achilles lows frequently. Used the Markk foaming solution to clean them up; it works wonderfully. Then used Renovateur to condition and buffed it to a like-new dull shine. I think that care process, applied once every few months, should be more than fine.

Edit: I'll add that all of this isn't really necessary. I've found that the off-whites stay quite clean (granted, I don't step in puddles...). I also sprayed Markk's water/stain-repellent thing on it beforehand, so that may have helped as well.

Last edited:

pnewelljr

Reaction score
I am trying on slip ons and am deciding between 41 and 42. Here are pics (with me standing). My thumb is pushing down at the end of my big toe, so what you see is the space in front of my toe:

41s are pretty snug, a little tight in the toes:

42s are comfortable in the toes, but the toe box has some extra room, if I put my foot forward there is a bit of room in the heel:

I am a 9.5 in new balance sneakers, and between a UK 8 and UK 8.5 in dress shows and dress boots.

I don't want them to stretch and start slipping, but I don't want to damage my feet. What have people in between sizes like this done, tight and hope it stretches or a little loose and hope it breaks in?

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am trying on slip ons and am deciding between 41 and 42. Here are pics (with me standing). My thumb is pushing down at the end of my big toe, so what you see is the space in front of my toe: 41s are pretty snug, a little tight in the toes: 42s are comfortable in the toes, but the toe box has some extra room, if I put my foot forward there is a bit of room in the heel: I am a 9.5 in new balance sneakers, and between a UK 8 and UK 8.5 in dress shows and dress boots. I don't want them to stretch and start slipping, but I don't want to damage my feet. What have people in between sizes like this done, tight and hope it stretches or a little loose and hope it breaks in?
Suede doesn't stretch - I busted the back seam on a pair of CP chukkas that were too snug. If the 41 is giving you pain in the toes I'd skip em. 42 looks too loose but could be slightly improved through use of Superfeet's 3/4 insole (I use this with all my pairs - it fills volume to some degree but also changes how your foot sits, which improves fit as well). This particular model may just not be for you. What model are those, btw?

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I just returned from a couple weeks' traveling in which I wore off-white CP Achilles lows frequently. Used the Markk foaming solution to clean them up; it works wonderfully. Then used Renovateur to condition and buffed it to a like-new dull shine. I think that care process, applied once every few months, should be more than fine. 

Edit: I'll add that all of this isn't really necessary. I've found that the off-whites stay quite clean (granted, I don't step in puddles...). I also sprayed Markk's water/stain-repellent thing on it beforehand, so that may have helped as well.

I've been wondering if there was any conflict in using Renovateur after having applied Repel. Sounds like they're good. Thanks.

pnewelljr

Reaction score
Suede doesn't stretch - I busted the back seam on a pair of CP chukkas that were too snug. If the 41 is giving you pain in the toes I'd skip em. 42 looks too loose but could be slightly improved through use of Superfeet's 3/4 insole (I use this with all my pairs - it fills volume to some degree but also changes how your foot sits, which improves fit as well).

This particular model may just not be for you. What model are those, btw?

Well the toes don't hurt, just feel a little tight. Its hard to say how they will feel after a day of wear. I am more wondering where the front toe should fall, I don't want bunions lol

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well the toes don't hurt, just feel a little tight. Its hard to say how they will feel after a day of wear. I am more wondering where the front toe should fall, I don't want bunions lol

In an ideal world your toes would be able to splay naturally without constraint. If the restriction is mild then you'll probably be fine. If you're toes are climbing over each other for space than you'll have foot pain. If your big toe is is pressing right up against the tip when you stand and walk then, likewise, you'll have pain. And, again, they're not going to stretch or it will be minimal.

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks-

Problem is I can't even find anyone even stocking the model I am talking about (like how do I know if they are still making them)?

I am looking for a 43 but can't even find sites that have stocks of white or off white canvas.

Thanks,
Mike

You might need to wait for stores to get a new shipment in. They were clearing out canvas a couple months ago for end of season and the new shipments have been coming in slowly. Although, again, running through their stockists list may yield something.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads