• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jcep

Reaction score

My white Achilles High (I've had since 09) has all kinds of messed up coloration issues (especially where the laces sit). This is normal. The squeaking won't stop but it shouldn't bother you. My Achilles low I've had for 2 years still squeaks.

Hey man I've had this problem and used a Saphir brand white coloring marker. Works wonders for scuffs too. I'd also suggest the moisturizing cream. I know it's a bit much but if you have it for your dress shoes anyway you might as well use it every once in a while. If the problem is due to tightness it {might} help.

Given the heavy wear pattern on the laces area I suspect that the cause could be tightness. That's pure speculation though; it's hard to know without seeing in person. If I were in your place, I would try to loosen up the laces and check out if you have the same issue. Mine have wear but definitely not as pronounced.

Last edited:

jcep

Reaction score

Anybody try on the Premium grained leather CP's?

have winter premiums from a few years back and love them, but the sole looks thicker on these new ones. are they much higher than normal? is fit the same?

http://www.endclothing.com/ca/common-projects-achilles-low-premium-2045-5472.html

@smz189 did you end up ordering these or get a reasponse? I'm wondering the same thing and didn't find an answer when I went back through the thread (not sure if I missed it). Mind sharing your verdict if you have new intel?

mina262

Reaction score
Hi. Anyone come across Bball low in black cheaper than MrP? Want to get them but trying to justify the spend!

venicelwj

Reaction score
Hi,

Been wanting to pull the trigger on the Achilles low for quite sometime but unsure of sizing.
I know that it's been widely advised to go a full size down.

Below are the different sizes that I wear and I don't have wide feet.

Nike Flyknit Racer - US7
Vans - US6.5
Adidas Ultraboost - US7.5

Am I good to go with a US6?
My worry is that I'm sorta in the middle whereby a US6 would be kinda tight but a US7 would run big either.
Does it stretch out after breaking in?

Any inputs is greatly appreciated,
Many thanks!

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi,

Been wanting to pull the trigger on the Achilles low for quite sometime but unsure of sizing.

Nike Flyknit Racer - US7
Vans - US6.5

My worry is that I'm sorta in the middle whereby a US6 would be kinda tight but a US7 would run big either.

Many thanks!

Lurks for 7 years then posts about CP Achilles sizing. Well played.

Yes. Size down one on the regular Achilles low from your normal shoe size.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi,

Nike Flyknit Racer - US7
Vans - US6.5

Many thanks!

Don't size down. Achilles fit TTS.

Yes the width will stretch after you break them in.

Achilles Retro run a size large so you can size down 1 on retros.

Should also note that the Gummy models are apx. 0.5cm shorter in length than the standard Achilles, however regardless of this they still fit TTS. It's possible that newer models of Achilles may be moving over to this slightly shorter sole length?

Last edited:

tehfangs

Reaction score
Hi,

Nike Flyknit Racer - US7
Vans - US6.5

Many thanks!
I wear CP size 40 in achilles lows (and some other models) and if it helps here are the sizes from other shoe brands I also wear (all sizes are what I see written on the shoes):

Nike Flyknit Racer - US 8.5/UK 7.5/ FR 42
Adidas Tubular - US 7/ UK 6.5 / FR 40
Saint Laurent Wyatt Chelsea - Size 41

The achilles low stretch a tiny bit, but I rarely consider any 'stretch' when buying shoes.

The only ones that I can feel the stretch on would be the CP suede chelseas, although I still wear a 40 in those.

I suggest you try and purchase the sizes you want to try on from somewhere with a good/free refund policy like Mr. Porter or like Matchesfashion. I have bought stuff I wasn't sure about sizing on and then simply sent it back. No point paying a few hundred bucks for something that doesn't fit well and its particularly important with shoes cause you might get blisters and stuff...which plain sucks.

Make sure they fit as perfect as they can - because there is no better bargain that getting exactly what you want in the size you want.

Good luck and post some pics if you manage to get a pair!

venicelwj

Reaction score
I wear CP size 40 in achilles lows (and some other models) and if it helps here are the sizes from other shoe brands I also wear (all sizes are what I see written on the shoes):

Nike Flyknit Racer - US 8.5/UK 7.5/ FR 42
Adidas Tubular - US 7/ UK 6.5 / FR 40
Saint Laurent Wyatt Chelsea - Size 41

The achilles low stretch a tiny bit, but I rarely consider any 'stretch' when buying shoes.

The only ones that I can feel the stretch on would be the CP suede chelseas, although I still wear a 40 in those.

I suggest you try and purchase the sizes you want to try on from somewhere with a good/free refund policy like Mr. Porter or like Matchesfashion. I have bought stuff I wasn't sure about sizing on and then simply sent it back. No point paying a few hundred bucks for something that doesn't fit well and its particularly important with shoes cause you might get blisters and stuff...which plain sucks.

Make sure they fit as perfect as they can - because there is no better bargain that getting exactly what you want in the size you want.

Good luck and post some pics if you manage to get a pair!
Thank you everyone for the inputs!

So you technically sized down 2 on the achilles low?
Planning to get it from endclothing and thinking of purchasing a UK5 and hopefully it fits well!
How does Chelsea boots fit anyway?
Might get one down the road.

Thanks

Brad Pitt

Reaction score

So you technically sized down 2 on the achilles low?

Do not size down 2, sizing down 1 is the general rule for all the Common Projects I've worn. Achielles mids, lows, and Chelsea boots.

I'm a 10.5 in Nikes, 10 in Vans, and 10 in Stan Smiths. I get 42 which is a 9 in all my Common Projects. I've gotten a 43 with the TTS advice from someone here and the shoe never fit right. My foot would slide around in the shoe had more room in the front than I liked.

The achilles are long and narrow. If you size up to fit your width, you're going to have a terrible time.

JinormusJ

Reaction score

Nike Flyknit Racer - US7
Vans - US6.5

I'm almost the same sizes as you based on US sizing:

True Shoe Size: 7.5EE
-----
Vans Authentics - 7
Vans Sk8-His - 7
Ultra Boost 1.0 - 7.5
Ultra Boost 2.0 - 7
Ultra Boost 3.0- 6.5

I have fairly wide feet and sized down 1 size to a size 39 in my Achilles Low and they fit just about expected. As you might probably tell by my shoes, I prefer a pretty ultra-snug fit so that's also a factor

Common Projects run long and narrow so a little extra room in the toebox is normal but the width should be just about right. Based on your sizes; you'll probably need a size 38 to be honest; unless those are UK sizes, then you should go with a 39. Anecdotal evidence suggest they will stretch and break in after a few wears but I am still in the process of breaking mine in to be honest so I have no firsthand experience

That being said: I finally wore my Common Projects for the first time since getting them in December (was waiting for better weather). Are they notoriously uncomfortable until they break in? Haven't had any blistering or anything but they love chewing up the back of my heels and they seem to be doing a number on my pinky toes: were borderline unwearable the first hour but I pushed through the pain and they really loosened up and now they're okay but they still feel pretty snug. Enough to the point where they only barely cross the uncomfortable threshold and feel like given a few more wears; I should be good if they aren't done breaking in yet

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member