• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hill

Reaction score
To the folks with chromexcel or kudu boots...I mine all day while walking in unrelenting rain and got them nice and soaked. Do you guys stuff them with paper towels/newspaper overnight or just go straight to shoes trees (unfinished cedar) to dry them out?

Winterbourne

Reaction score
I stuffed mine with newspaper for 24 hours and laid them on their side. I also kept them away from any direct source of heat and they looked great after doing the Mac method on them the following day. The leather soles still look good, too. Thankfully Alden's leather defender will be here soon because I can't bear putting sno seal or any discoloring weatherproofer on them unless they're already black.

Hill

Reaction score

I stuffed mine with newspaper for 24 hours and laid them on their side. I also kept them away from any direct source of heat and they looked great after doing the Mac method on them the following day. The leather soles still look good, too. Thankfully Alden's leather defender will be here soon because I can't bear putting sno seal or any discoloring weatherproofer on them unless they're already black.

Thank you. Is Alden Leather Defender recommended for kudu as well?

thenewbie

Reaction score
What's the absolute cheapest place to get #8 gunboats? I remember somewhere people talking about a shop that didn't have an online presence that sold them at less than the standard 660ish.

PhiPsi32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the folks with chromexcel or kudu boots...I mine all day while walking in unrelenting rain and got them nice and soaked. Do you guys stuff them with paper towels/newspaper overnight or just go straight to shoes trees (unfinished cedar) to dry them out?

Kudu is tough stuff. I don't take any special measures. With CXL, I let them air our over night and then put in the shoe trees.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you with Indy boots, did yours come with the cloth shoe bags or not? When I got mine from needsupply the came packaged in plastic bags but there were no cloth shoe bags in the box. This isn't really a deal breaker for me, just curious if I'm the only one that has experienced this

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those of you with Indy boots, did yours come with the cloth shoe bags or not? When I got mine from needsupply the came packaged in plastic bags but there were no cloth shoe bags in the box. This isn't really a deal breaker for me, just curious if I'm the only one that has experienced this

They don't come with them.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

looks like an alden indy boot from INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL (2008), see below

Sort of a weird picture, is that in an outhouse?

I believe they aged the boots with a belt sander.

leica m

Reaction score
Hi,

I posted this in the wrong area initially & was guided here.

I purchased a pair of natural chrome excell boots in size 9 1/2D. (These are the plain toe model without the white stitching)

I usually wear 10D (sometimes a 9 1/2) but based on the last, I went down a half size. I received them yesterday and put them on in the evening. The fit seemed good overall, my concern is with the area over the big toe, as it seems a bit tight. Will this stretch over time? Or should I send them back and get the larger size, I worried in the larger size, my foot will float in the boot. Not sure what to do.

​In the meantime, I will wear them about the house and see how things shape up.

Thanks,

frederic

docalden2013

Reaction score

I got cloth bags with my Indys. Ordered from LeatherSoul. Maybe you could chat with Needsupply. They have very approachable customer service staff. Good luck!

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got cloth bags with my Indys. Ordered from LeatherSoul. Maybe you could chat with Needsupply. They have very approachable customer service staff. Good luck!

I'm assuming your Indy boots were a special make-up only available from LS? My guess is the regular stock variety of the CXL's which are available everywhere else don't come with the shoe bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads