• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bb, from the pics, the shoe appears to fit as I don't see a gap in between your ankle and the heel. anytime you are dealing with a double leather soul, you are going to get some sort of heel slippage. once you break the leather in, it'll be less stiff and the shoe will have molded to your foot. until then, youll get that slippage. this is also the case with Alden boots but its not as noticeable. I dislike double leather solar for this reason. ill take a single leather oiled sole over double leather any day of the week

Namor, thanks for the info on this. I guess I'll go ahead and stick it out and see what happens once the leather gets broken in. What's been your experience on the length of time it takes for the break in?

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you mean? Is cigar in short supply?

Alden SF indicated they wouldn't take a special order for rare shell colors. Maybe someone else would. Even so, the wait might be nearly infinite.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tommy P said Alden will not make a LONGWING BOOT. So that is out.

Shortwing boot is definitely doable; it would take at minimum 8 months, but it would be worth the wait if we can get exactly what we want.

If you are for sure interested, just PM over the next week and I will collect the votes and try and figure out a design that satisfies everyone.

Namor and RKD, you in for shortwing boot in Whiskey on what last? Grant or Plaza?

Last edited:

JPFNY5

Reaction score
How we doing today guys? I'm a longtime Alden Junkie who has lurked @ for awhile. Please don't tell the authorities. I was
wondering if the Unionmade Armstrong wingtip is actually a shortwing boot? Thanks

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Tommy P said Alden will not make a LONGWING BOOT. So that is out.

Shortwing boot is definitely doable; it would take at minimum 8 months, but it would be worth the wait if we can get exactly what we want.

If you are for sure interested, just PM over the next week and I will collect the votes and try and figure out a design that satisfies everyone.

Namor and RKD, you in for shortwing boot in Whiskey on what last? Grant or Plaza?

As did Tom.
Tricker's makes them though.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shortwing boot in whiskey would be great. dont have experience with grant but would be fine with either last

ColtSAA45

Reaction score

Some hastily taken pics of the LS x SF shortwings (excuse the crappy carpet but it's the only part of my place that's carpeted and these babies aren't hitting any hard surface until I've decided whether or not they are worth the heel slippage)

Also, what's up with this? Anybody else have poorly fitted dovetail pads that leave gaps like this?

I bought those shoes and my heel slippage went away after two full days (non-consecutive) of wearing to work. BTW I also thought the dovetail finishing was subpar on mine as well although not as bad as yours. FWIW I can see ours are creasing the same so far. I really LOVE these shoes and have had lots of compliments on them. :slayer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads