• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

marg

Reaction score
Ravello or cigar please. I have a whiskey lwb already and I want the rainbow. I wonder if there's a way to get navy cordovan. Rider had it before I think. A grant shortwing in navy with double natural sole? A guy can dream...

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ravello or cigar please. I have a whiskey lwb already and I want the rainbow. I wonder if there's a way to get navy cordovan. Rider had it before I think. A grant shortwing in navy with double natural sole? A guy can dream...

Duckie brown offered a lw in navy cordovan

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tommy P said Alden will not make a LONGWING BOOT. So that is out.

As did Tom.
Tricker's makes them though.

I know... :confused: but i will not let the hope die

zippyh, when are you getting the trickers cordovan lw boot? I know you are aching for it. if only the price wasnt :fu:

Still trying to convince myself.
I think if they had a lighter color sole/welt I'd have them by now.

As did Tom.
Tricker's makes them though.

Zippy, I think we were both referring to Tom Park at Leathersoul. Trying to be funny by turning it into Tommy P. :D

Sorry, I was wondering who you were talking about.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm good for a LWB in anything but #8 (and non-Barrie last, obviously). I'd prefer cigar, whiskey, or Ravello, I think.

I'd go for a Ravello wingtip - I don't trust Cigar. Some look great other batches look...

HorseHide

Reaction score

Tommy P said Alden will not make a LONGWING BOOT. So that is out.

Absolutely correct - don't know what I was thinking. I have a pair of the Ravello SW boots from Epaulet! Oh well, time to get back to designing rockets I guess!

CTYGGG

Reaction score
Here's comes an Alden bonanza...I apologize in advance, I just purchased a new DSLR...
Alden 4X4 in color #4...Color varies from deep red to almost pumpkin in color depending on the lighting.
IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

Whiskey PTB
IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Unlined PTB on the Flex
IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

LS Ranger Shoe
IMG_0332.jpg

Ravello Chukka
IMG_0322.jpg

Cigar Indy
IMG_0325.jpg

Black Cordovan on the Leydon
IMG_0328.jpg

Ravello LHS
IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

Winn Perry Indy Shoe
IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Last edited:

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bb, from the pics, the shoe appears to fit as I don't see a gap in between your ankle and the heel. anytime you are dealing with a double leather soul, you are going to get some sort of heel slippage. once you break the leather in, it'll be less stiff and the shoe will have molded to your foot. until then, youll get that slippage. this is also the case with Alden boots but its not as noticeable. I dislike double leather soles [ed.] for this reason. ill take a single leather oiled sole over double leather any day of the week

Same here.

Last edited:

terradilavoro

Reaction score

Here's comes an Alden bonanza...I apologize in advance, I just purchased a new DSLR...
Alden 4X4 in color #4...Color varies from deep red to almost pumpkin in color depending on the lighting.

wow - absolutely stunning shoes/pics

Last edited:

terradilavoro

Reaction score

Duckie brown offered a lw in navy cordovan

Tricker's Blue Cordovan Shortwing Bluchers with white eyelettes are also avaiable -
Model called OCEAN

thats no Baby blue at all - nice patina
alexla-albums-alexla-fotoalbum-picture196-trickers-cordovan-derby-brogue-dainite-ocean.jpg

kind regards
Joachim

Last edited:

mr chorizo

Reaction score

PSA: I'm unloading a hardly worn pair of the duckie brown navy cordovan longwings....10.5 d. Similar to grant last as namor has pointed out in the past...

mr chorizo

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads