• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vasco

Reaction score
A few members have asked to see what the OTR Full Spread looks like. Here it is. I'll try to get a better picture later. The dummy stresses the collar a bit more then normal which flattens out the natural roll we normally have.

That looks great Rick. Will the changes you've commented on that are coming later this year for the OTR shirts change the look of the full spread collar?

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That looks great Rick. Will the changes you've commented on that are coming later this year for the OTR shirts change the look of the full spread collar?

Won't change the look so much. Just the points will be a tad longer to stay tucked in under the lapel better. You can see they are tucked away now, but a 1/4 inch extra will help them stay hidden even when moving around.

mmmtttt

Reaction score
Great news for collar points. One new comment now that I own six of your shirts.

Length, I love everything about my shirts apart from how long they are in the body (sleeves are fine). I feel like unless I am wearing high rise trousers my shirts sometimes have trouble staying tucked in. Just a little food for thought. Possibly just me being very tall (6'1 with 15' collar)

Last edited:

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Great news for collar points. One new comment now that I own six of your shirts.

Length, I love everything about my shirts apart from how long they are in the body (sleeves are fine). I feel like unless I am wearing high rise trousers my shirts sometimes have trouble staying tucked in. Just a little food for thought. Possibly just me being very tall (6'1 with 15' collar)

Would an extra inch in the shirt length do the trick?

mmmtttt

Reaction score
Good question, next time I'm wearing one of your shirt I'll make sure to check and report. To be honest I'm very tall and skinny but the shirts are still shorter than what I'm used to. I don't know if anyone else noticed the same.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good question, next time I'm wearing one of your shirt I'll make sure to check and report. To be honest I'm very tall and skinny but the shirts are still shorter than what I'm used to. I don't know if anyone else noticed the same.

Appreciate the feedback. We based our sizing on our own data collection from our Custom program. We followed with what was closer to a true average for our customer base. Most customers actually enjoy the shorter length on the smaller sizes, as most felt that traditional OTR was too long.

We hope to eventually offer Tall and short sizes as well across all sizes.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

Today we're starting our summer clearance sales. First up is our Custom Shirts. Shirts are as low as $39, though most will be down to the $59 - $79 range. Buy 2 save $10/shirt, buy any 3 or more and save $20/shirt. (Regular prices $79 - $99)

We've updated with nearly 100 fabric selections. All all limited/seasonal collection stocks, as we only have 1 or 2 shirt lengths left in most (save basics), so it is a first come/first serve. Once they're gone, they're gone.

We thought we would put this out to our Forum friends first. Sale officially starts tomorrow, but SF members can take advantage today. Just add the items to your cart and the discounts will automatically kick in.

Click here to start designing your custom shirt.
http://www.spierandmackay.com/made_to_measure.php

As always, there is no limit to what can be done to your shirt. Our patterns are from scratch and every aspect can be customized, including collar points, collar spreads. Unlined, unfused, fused leaf, unfused band...etc. Just advise us in the notes section at checkout.

First time customers, we will produce one shirt first to confirm fit and only continue with the balance after you confirm and tweak the measurements so your 2nd and subsequent shirts are the way you like them.

As always, if you have any questions, ask away!

Cheers,
Rick

Rick,

How long is this summer sale on custom shirts going to last? I'm trying to decide which shirts I might need, and if I should order 1, 2, or 3. I accidentally just ruined one of my shirts this morning.... and how can a man be expected to live without a white OCBD.

also, what is the turn around time for custom shirts these days? (I understand what you tell me will be a rough estimate) Lets say an order of 3 shirts, for a returning customer, located in Manitoba.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Rick,

How long is this summer sale on custom shirts going to last? I'm trying to decide which shirts I might need, and if I should order 1, 2, or 3. I accidentally just ruined one of my shirts this morning.... and how can a man be expected to live without a white OCBD.

also, what is the turn around time for custom shirts these days? (I understand what you tell me will be a rough estimate) Lets say an order of 3 shirts, for a returning customer, located in Manitoba.

Hello Good Sir,

It runs until next Wednesday, but we will push it a bit beyond that as we know a lot of local customers want to come in and usually that happens on weekends. We're turning around shirts in 3-5 weeks at the moment. I would expect 4-5 because of the volume peak of the sale. If you ordered from us before, then it would be quicker because the pattern is already set.

Have you ordered from us previously? For first time customers we will make one shirt first regardless if you order more than one to make sure the fit is correct. You can book your cloth, as the cloth is limited and is first come/first serve ATM.

Best,
Rick

linds_15

Reaction score

Rick,

piggybacking off this because you mentioned an OCBD. When I was in the shop a couple weeks ago I was wearing a Gitman OCBD and Rick showed me a sample of his own take on an OCDB. It was fantastic, and he mentioned that with enough interest he could look into doing a run of them. They were very nice, comparable in many regards to the Gitman I was wearing, and much much cheaper (I don't remember the pricing, or if it was final, but not $150+). I am ready to order several, so I hope enough interest gets drummed up.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
piggybacking off this because you mentioned an OCBD. When I was in the shop a couple weeks ago I was wearing a Gitman OCBD and Rick showed me a sample of his own take on an OCDB. It was fantastic, and he mentioned that with enough interest he could look into doing a run of them. They were very nice, comparable in many regards to the Gitman I was wearing, and much much cheaper (I don't remember the pricing, or if it was final, but not $150+). I am ready to order several, so I hope enough interest gets drummed up.

What makes his version special? Fabric pattern? cut? collar? A few more details would be great.

And i've often looked at lot of companies like, and including, gitman vintage, since they have a lot of nice casual patterns on their OCBD's, but they don't even come close to fitting me. So a nice fabric in a MTO option would be nice for some people I think. Something like this, this, or like this, would be cool.

linds_15

Reaction score

What makes his version special? Fabric pattern? cut? collar? A few more details would be great.

And i've often looked at lot of companies like, and including, gitman vintage, since they have a lot of nice casual patterns on their OCBD's, but they don't even come close to fitting me. So a nice fabric in a MTO option would be nice for some people I think. Something like this, this,  or like this, would be cool.

great fabric and price. didn't try it on since the sample wasn't my size, but it felt great and was very sturdy and well made like this dress shirts. it was very comparable to my gitman, at a fraction of the cost.

zinc2162

Reaction score

So the OCBD you mentioned are currently not online? I would be interested if Rick is doing a run.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads